User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 12:11
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > help with (maybe broken) ps2?? please read full description.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help with (MAYBE BROKEN) PS2?? Please read full description.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
FallenTomato390
_
13. March 2012 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So people, i have a FAT ps2. V7 to be exact. So, i saw that people on youtube were playing burned PS1 games, and i thought, "Hey, this could be my chance to backup my BloodOmen game!" So i tried every which way with no success at all. First, lemme tell you just HOW i attempted these since people always ask "Well what burning software did you use?", "are you sure you did it right?", "Have you tried this?" etc..etc.. I have used Nero, DvDecryter, IsoBuster, ImgBurn, The microsoft burner that comes with every windows computer(in my case a laptop), CloneCD, etc.. you name it, i've used it. So that is out of the Question.. I do not own a SwapMagic disc sadly so PLEASE dont mention "Have you tried swap magic?" BECUASE I JUST SAID I DONT HAVE ONE! you people dont read very well.. Next i tried to use the disc swap method on my FAT ps2 by putting in a cut up gift card as a makeshift key to use to open the disc tray, BUT! compared to all you on youtube when you do it, yours doesn't make an alarm sound now does it? My sounds like im breaking into a bank when i move the tray lock over! "OH DAMN!" so i put it back the way it was and attempted to do it again and still sounds like im breaking into an bank with the alarm going off. Does it have a tamper protection on it or something? Next i took the whole thing apart and tried swapping my retail psx game with my burned copy. Just taking the disc off the spinner was making it sound like the alarm was going off! FYI: for these attempts so far, when i swap for the burned disc, the spinner that spins the disc accelerates and wont stop! Any faster and the disc will shoot out of the system and maybe even chop off my arm! Both swap methods have done this to me. So i abandon the project... NOW HERE IS WHY I CALLED YOU GOOD PEOPLE FOR MY LONG AND TEDIOUS SPEECH: Now every time i try to put a retail playstation2 game in, the disc inside the console spins at like 90mph like the burned disc was and wont read any of my ps2 games!! Ps1 games are fie they read no problem. But why does my stem meake that alarm sound and why doesn't it read my ps2 games any more and spins them untill the shoot out and kill somebody??!!? Please, any feedback would be greatly apprecited.

PS: I have FreeMcBoot v1.8 installed just so you know if that help anyone with clarification. yes i have tried swapping with freemcboot in and with it out. (Memory card wise)

PSS: I think i busted up the eye of the system... If any of you agree with me and think that is the case, then please post a link where i can buy a new one. I will be making a youtube vid soon to show you what i mean exactly. FallenTomato390 is my account.
Advertisement
_
__
megadunderhead
_
12. December 2012 @ 10:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by FallenTomato390:
So people, i have a FAT ps2. V7 to be exact. So, i saw that people on youtube were playing burned PS1 games, and i thought, "Hey, this could be my chance to backup my BloodOmen game!" So i tried every which way with no success at all. First, lemme tell you just HOW i attempted these since people always ask "Well what burning software did you use?", "are you sure you did it right?", "Have you tried this?" etc..etc.. I have used Nero, DvDecryter, IsoBuster, ImgBurn, The microsoft burner that comes with every windows computer(in my case a laptop), CloneCD, etc.. you name it, i've used it. So that is out of the Question.. I do not own a SwapMagic disc sadly so PLEASE dont mention "Have you tried swap magic?" BECUASE I JUST SAID I DONT HAVE ONE! you people dont read very well.. Next i tried to use the disc swap method on my FAT ps2 by putting in a cut up gift card as a makeshift key to use to open the disc tray, BUT! compared to all you on youtube when you do it, yours doesn't make an alarm sound now does it? My sounds like im breaking into a bank when i move the tray lock over! "OH DAMN!" so i put it back the way it was and attempted to do it again and still sounds like im breaking into an bank with the alarm going off. Does it have a tamper protection on it or something? Next i took the whole thing apart and tried swapping my retail psx game with my burned copy. Just taking the disc off the spinner was making it sound like the alarm was going off! FYI: for these attempts so far, when i swap for the burned disc, the spinner that spins the disc accelerates and wont stop! Any faster and the disc will shoot out of the system and maybe even chop off my arm! Both swap methods have done this to me. So i abandon the project... NOW HERE IS WHY I CALLED YOU GOOD PEOPLE FOR MY LONG AND TEDIOUS SPEECH: Now every time i try to put a retail playstation2 game in, the disc inside the console spins at like 90mph like the burned disc was and wont read any of my ps2 games!! Ps1 games are fie they read no problem. But why does my stem meake that alarm sound and why doesn't it read my ps2 games any more and spins them untill the shoot out and kill somebody??!!? Please, any feedback would be greatly apprecited.

PS: I have FreeMcBoot v1.8 installed just so you know if that help anyone with clarification. yes i have tried swapping with freemcboot in and with it out. (Memory card wise)

PSS: I think i busted up the eye of the system... If any of you agree with me and think that is the case, then please post a link where i can buy a new one. I will be making a youtube vid soon to show you what i mean exactly. FallenTomato390 is my account.
Can i ask a simple question why did you try to open your dvd drive on a fat ps2 you need a swap magic case for that model not the disk its a flip top case to be able to switch out the disk if you tried the credit card hack you will damage the drive
_
13. December 2012 @ 06:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
from what i can see on google images ps2 laser have a motor that spins the disc (ive taken ps1 apart havnt tryed with a ps2 yet).sounds to me like you damaged the motor or damaged the parts that controls the motor speed.

also sounds like you need to replace the laser unit,but if you took it to someone experienced they might be able to reset the motor speed.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
_
31. December 2012 @ 01:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I stopped reading after, "you people dont read very well..".

You aren't entitled to anyone helping you, and making blanket statements like that won't get you help any faster.

ps355528
_
2. January 2013 @ 02:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
especially when a REAL old consoles expert turns up ;)

right.. first off.. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME.. unless you have a CHIP or a ps1 boot disk (action replay works.. exploder doesn't) nothing you burn will work..(read carefully.. PS1 BOOT DISK - NOT PS2 ANYTHING!!!!) they will NEVER pass the media checks.

now with all the forcing and wrenching of the drive it's stopped reading dvd's.. probably needs a good setup.. got a 500mhz scope handy to check eyeheight?.. didn't think so.. google "ps2 laser setup" for the various settings on the laser assembly.. but DO NOT TOUCH the drive and bias pots

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Advertisement
_
__

_
megadunderhead
_
1. February 2013 @ 10:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ps355528:
especially when a REAL old consoles expert turns up ;)

right.. first off.. STOP WASTING YOUR TIME.. unless you have a CHIP or a ps1 boot disk (action replay works.. exploder doesn't) nothing you burn will work..(read carefully.. PS1 BOOT DISK - NOT PS2 ANYTHING!!!!) they will NEVER pass the media checks.

now with all the forcing and wrenching of the drive it's stopped reading dvd's.. probably needs a good setup.. got a 500mhz scope handy to check eyeheight?.. didn't think so.. google "ps2 laser setup" for the various settings on the laser assembly.. but DO NOT TOUCH the drive and bias pots
Actually you can do a disk swap with a legit disk no need for a boot disk this is why i asked if he had a flip top case because you can disk swap with any legit disk to boot any illegit disk on ps1 i have done it in fact i have 2 ps2 slim and fat models that have been modded to do it without a mod chip nor action replay nor swap magic disk the only thing you do is soilder the switch that engages the drive to always on posisition this then loads the boot file into memory and then you can load any disk
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > help with (maybe broken) ps2?? please read full description.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork