User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 20:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > possible to play multi-disc backup games on ps1 using swap trick?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Possible to play multi-disc backup games on ps1 using swap trick?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
F_R
_
6. January 2010 @ 16:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm wondering if it's possible to play multiple-disc backup PS1 games on an unmodded PS1 by using the swap trick. You have to do the whole swap method when the PS1 boots, so does it work if you just swap to the next backup disc when the game prompts you?

In particular I'm aiming to play Valkyrie Profile. It's two discs. Now, I know with multi-disc Final Fantasy PS1 titles, it allows you to save at the spot where you swap discs, so you can play multi-disc Final Fantasy backups in an unmodded PS1 with the swap trick. But will Valkyrie Profile work?

Matter of fact, does anybody happen to know offhand if Valkyrie Profile prompts for a save when it's time to swap the disc like PS1 Final Fantasies? If the answer is yes then the question above doesn't even matter.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > possible to play multi-disc backup games on ps1 using swap trick?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork