User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:52
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > problem burning psx backup (multitrack, bin/cue)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problem burning psx backup (multitrack, bin/cue)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
greensnake
_
21. February 2012 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi everybody
i know there is no psx or ps1 section in this forum but hope to find some help anyways
i'm having problems in burning a psx cd image (bin/cue format) to cd.
i've tried converting it to nrg,to iso, (other than burning it directy using the original format)
wasted 7 blank cds in total
used both nero burning and imgburn.
with imgburn i always get errors during the verify process, with nero also, but none when i converted it to nrg(opening it with magic iso and saved as nrg) and burned, but even then the cd wasn't working in the psx

mnost of the cds were recognized as audio cds, some instead stopped loading after the screen with the red "P" and "licensed by sony computer entertainment of america"

actually the cue file seems to be critical: turns out this is a multi-track disk, so with both data and audio tracks, with the data that "occupies" the 1st track, and this info is in the cue file. saving as a nrg apparently destroys this structure and the audio data.

in second place the cue file is a bit strange because it has a warning inside it:

FILE "CD.bin" BINARY

REM ORIGINAL MEDIA-TYPE: CD

REM SESSION 01 ; Not supported by other applications (*)
TRACK 01 MODE1/2048
INDEX 01 00:00:00
REM MSF: 00:00:00 = LBA: 0
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 11:42:11
REM MSF: 11:42:11 = LBA: 52661
TRACK 03 AUDIO
[...]

REM (*) SESSION directives are unfortunately not properly supported
REM 'out there'. IsoBuster however supports them !

i also checked out if the cd image was corrupted in the extraction phase but the emulator was able to play it.
....how do i burn this and make it work?
thanks in advance
Kannz
_
21. February 2012 @ 19:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hmm im pretty sure there will always be errors in ps1 games on imgburn. ive always had good burns using cdclone which most ppl recommend for burning ps1 games if not that then alcohol 120%. also what is the name of the game your having problems with? also what brand of media are you using?
greensnake
_
23. February 2012 @ 08:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thanks for the reply!
the game name is "Machine Hunter", the media im using is some cheap chinese cd, they're not a known brand (actually cant even find a brand name on them!)

but i don't think thy are the real problem, as i have used them before with imgburn for psx backups, and never got this kind of problems.

actually what i'm worried about is that this particular cue/bin "multi-track" file format isnt compatible with imgburn.

ok i have still 3 cd i'm trying with clonecd and alchool 120 and will let you know if it works!
thx!
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > problem burning psx backup (multitrack, bin/cue)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork