User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 14:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > problem with psx swap trick...help?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Problem with PSX swap trick...help?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
FourthSurvivor
_
29. May 2012 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone. I will start off by saying that this post refers to the swap trick method on the ORIGINAL Playstation (PSX), not just a PSX game on a PS2 system. If a moderator needs to move this, then please feel free...I could not find a forum for PS1/PSX.

Alright, well here is my issue. I have an older PSX (SCPH-1001), a scratched OFFICIAL copy of Final Fantasy VII, and the frustrating problem of being unable to load said disc past the opening screen. I followed the advice from the good folks here at AfterDawn, and used CloneCD to create a backup of the original scratched disc 1 of FFVII. After many attempts, I finally found the sweet spots, so to speak, on my swap method and the backup disc finally loaded. Sort of.

It seems as if the burnt copy replicated the original disc in every way, right down to the scratches and unreadable data. I know for a fact that the disc burned correctly. I changed all of the information and write speeds according to the walkthrough posted on these very forums. I'm using a copy of Metal Gear Solid disc 1 as my boot disc, and I know that FFVII is being recognized by the console after a successful swap due to the music that plays and the unmistakable "Sony Computer Entertainment America Presents..." screen. Then, just like the original copy, it fails to load, blackscreens, and makes error noises.

I was under the impression that computer could read right through those scratches when making an image form the disc. Apparently the information that could not be read on the original was also not applied to the backup. I've never had this happen before. Is this possible? Am I just doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
FourthSurvivor
_
30. May 2012 @ 01:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for all the help >_>
Kannz
_
3. June 2012 @ 18:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't really help you with the swap method but maybe someone else will be able if you wait a little longer also you know that its very annoying to even attempt the swap trick as you can murder your ps1 and scratch discs? also you can get a modchip from eurasia for around 4$ and I was able to get someone to install it into my psone for 10$ off craigslist.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > problem with psx swap trick...help?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork