User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > ps1 backups have soung lag
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS1 backups have soung lag
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Helltech
_
12. May 2012 @ 12:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I know this is a PS2 forum, but I hope I can find some help here. :(

I'm having some problems with my PS1 backups. I'm using Alcohol 120 percent, write speed at slowest, write method raw dao, and tried rectify sub-channel data both on and off. I burned 4 games two worked just fine (Crash 2 and 3), and two the sound lags horribly (Intelligent Qube and Spyro 1). The gameplay is fine, but the background sound is not. The music is THERE, it's not missing, it just cuts in and out. When I play them on ePSXe then the gameplay lags slightly (rarely), but the sound is fine..

Also tried ImgBurn 16x writing speed (lowest I can go), same problem.

I assume its because my PS1 laser/motor isn't spinning fast enough, but I'm not sure. I've wasted a few CD-Rs on this already so I don't wanna keep trying blindly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Advertisement
_
__
Kannz
_
12. May 2012 @ 12:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what media are you using? also is this on a chipped ps1?
Helltech
_
12. May 2012 @ 14:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kannz:
what media are you using? also is this on a chipped ps1?
some good Phillips CD-Rs, that seem decent quality also a few TDKs. Also I tried another unbranded set, they all do the same things (only on the two games with problems).

No its not chipped, I'm using a Breaker Pro (also have a PSX-change).

The funny thing is I have a bunch of backups from when I was a kid (like 12 years ago) and they all play perfectly fine... I don't remember what program I used to burn them, it was like Golden something, oh well...

Also it seems odd they play well on ePSXe too (the new ones I'm burning). =/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. May 2012 @ 15:06

Kannz
_
12. May 2012 @ 17:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is it a fat ps1 or one of those tiny psones? also are the ps1 rips from a third party or did you do them yourself? I've always had good luck using cdclone to burn ps1 games also isn't there a burning option just for ps1 and ps2 games on alcohol 120? I had okay burns when I rarely used that. the program never wanted to stay registered any time i turned it off.. could of been in a older version..
Advertisement
_
__

_
Helltech
_
12. May 2012 @ 19:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Kannz:
is it a fat ps1 or one of those tiny psones? also are the ps1 rips from a third party or did you do them yourself? I've always had good luck using cdclone to burn ps1 games also isn't there a burning option just for ps1 and ps2 games on alcohol 120? I had okay burns when I rarely used that. the program never wanted to stay registered any time i turned it off.. could of been in a older version..
Fat PS1. I did all of them myself except one, my intelligent qube is broken. Also I tried Spyro from my own rip, and then also downloaded one, the game ran the same both ways. With the laggy sound quality.

Yeah Alcohol 120 does have a playstation preset, and yeah I'm using it.

I could try CDClone also. Just tired of making all these cup coasters :P

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. May 2012 @ 19:04

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > ps1 backups have soung lag

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork