User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 21:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > use swap magic 3.3 dvd to load cd backups?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Use Swap Magic 3.3 DVD to load CD backups?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
olewadale
_
21. June 2010 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi guys,
I only have Swap Magic 3.3 DVD version and I don't have Swap Magic 3.3 CD version. Is there any way to load PS2 CD backups(for Street Fighter EX3)?

Will these Tools help?
Cogswap, DVD loader etc. (For original PS2 CD games, I only have original PS1 Japanese games, and my PS2 is US version)

Thanks!
nicevibe
_
30. June 2010 @ 09:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This is a tricky one... From what I'm understanding you have NO retail PS2 CD games (which would technically make you a pirate :P )? If that is the case, to my knowledge there are no swap methods you can use. So Cogswap and Swap Magic 3.3 CD (if you had it) would be worthless without a retail game to load the TOS. However you're not completely out of options. Since you have Swap Magic 3.3 DVD you can create a homebrew installer DVD to install Free Memory card Boot (FMB) on to your memory card. Now most people know that the ESR booter that comes with FMB will only work on DVD games. What most people don't know, is that there are methods to convert a CD image to a DVD image that can be found via google. Once you have a DVD image of your CD game and ESR on your memory card, it's as simple as patch/burn/play.

-google is my friend, would you like an introduction?
olewadale
_
1. July 2010 @ 15:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by nicevibe:
This is a tricky one... From what I'm understanding you have NO retail PS2 CD games (which would technically make you a pirate :P )? If that is the case, to my knowledge there are no swap methods you can use. So Cogswap and Swap Magic 3.3 CD (if you had it) would be worthless without a retail game to load the TOS. However you're not completely out of options. Since you have Swap Magic 3.3 DVD you can create a homebrew installer DVD to install Free Memory card Boot (FMB) on to your memory card. Now most people know that the ESR booter that comes with FMB will only work on DVD games. What most people don't know, is that there are methods to convert a CD image to a DVD image that can be found via google. Once you have a DVD image of your CD game and ESR on your memory card, it's as simple as patch/burn/play.
thanks, but the cd game I want to play (street fighter ex3) can not be converted from cd to dvd.
Advertisement
_
__

_
nicevibe
_
3. July 2010 @ 08:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Damn that sucks, sorry I didn't check any compatibility lists before posting. I'm going to make another suggestion of which I'm not sure about compatibility. Using your Swap Magic 3.3 to boot, make a homebrew installer DVD-R, using the same method as SNES DVD. With an elf launcher on your memory card, you can launch OpenPS2Loader. I'm sure there are compatibility charts out there for OpenPS2Loader that you can check. With OpenPS2Loader you can load disc images from USB storage device, off the network, or from internal HDD. If you have one of those media storage options, this might be the only way. IF the game is compatible, I would recommend booting from HDD (if you have one), this will provide the best quality.

-google is my friend, would you like an introduction?
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - cd backup discussion > use swap magic 3.3 dvd to load cd backups?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork