User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 04:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > broken hard drive after softmod
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Broken hard drive after softmod
  Jump to:

Posted Message
sean666
_
10. November 2010 @ 19:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am new to the xbox and this forum

i got a xbox tried to softmod with ndure 3.1 and xboxhdm 1.9 and then i burnt the cd and tried to softmod
not knowing the nightmare unfolding

so i followed the tutorials and i tried to install ndure 3.1 and the first time i got read errors luckily i backed up and was able to use it again

next day i still really wanted it softmoded so i tried again both times i got a read input output error or something like that

and on the second time i see install complete and said it was missing things unable to go back to the main command menu to backup that hard drive again i tried this straight after the second attempt before i reset pc and xbox and apon entering xbrowser and pressing enter just nothing happened thinking well thats nice maybe if i reset the pc and xbox and try again

so i did that and o F**k now i cannot get the hard drive to read at all so now i guess my hard drive is stuffed

knowing now my eeprom is lost i had 3 options a mod chip building a eeprom reader or sending it to microsoft for 221 new zealand dollars and thats alot right now as im a student and its a recesion

so i choose the cheaper easier option to send it to xmods here and have a modchip a duo x2 gs installed

now for my questions and i am sorry i have to ask them and annoy people

1. if i get my xbox back how do i go about getting the hard drive to work again if i can

2.can i just get a new hard drive bang it in and get it working on the retail x live dashboard and softmoded dashboard

i heard slayer cd can help me with both and got it

3. if i cant get the eeprom off the dvd drive then can i somehow get it from the xbox motherboard
as i heard they share the same code could of heard wrong but hope not

4.will my modchip come preloaded with custom dashboard/firmware whatever ya call it
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > broken hard drive after softmod

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork