User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 18:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > i accidentally locked my hard drive with a bad key.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
I accidentally locked my hard drive with a bad key.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Haze666
_
14. July 2010 @ 11:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I accidently unlocked my hard drive for my Xbox original, while i was going to replace it with chimp, i have tried several methods of locking my hard drive, although using XboxHDM i can only get dos to work, i get something about usb being set to something and then it freezes before i can do anything in the os, and i did let it sit for about 2 hours while i was outside working on a jetski, to make sure that it wasn't just hanging, but while in DOS i tried locking my hard drive with the key that i had gotten from my EEPROM, that i did have backed up, but for some reason isn't locking.
i tried in a version of dos that i had lying around and a couple of tools i found, "hdlock.exe / hdunlock.exe" but was no use, it said "Hard Drive not ready" but i thought i had found some hope when i came across XboxHDM, because there were some unlocking tools in the DOS part of it, though they might be different, but instead i was dissapointed when i found they were about 90% the same, the 10% difference is that it requires a "-a" command to be able to put in the hard drives key "which i have but for some reason i cannot lock it" now, i do have everything except HDDinfo.txt backed up, is anybody willing to shed some light on my situation?

Haze666

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. July 2010 @ 11:23

Haze666
_
14. July 2010 @ 19:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Haze666:
I accidently unlocked my hard drive...
i have a backup from Xplorer360, and also my eeprom backed up, is there any way that i can just clean the drive and start from scratch? [edit] i grabbed an old motherboard and got it to lock with the and may have used the wrong code <.> [/edit]

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. July 2010 @ 19:36

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > i accidentally locked my hard drive with a bad key.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork