User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 19:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > jtag error 71
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Jtag Error 71
  Jump to:

Posted Message
hacknup
_
27. February 2011 @ 07:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay guys,

Please forgive my ignorance and if I use a few incorrect terms. I've done a few drive flash mods but am still a newb when it comes to jtagging. Here is my situation. I bought a jtagged falcon console. It came with freeboot 0.4, dashlaunch 2.7, and kinect dash ready. I had successfully installed xexmenu and was using this from the kinect dashboard to launch game xex's. I then decided I wanted to give freestyle dash a try. I put freestyle dash on a usb external hdd. I thought freestyle dash worked better except it always gave me an error that it had crashed on startup and I would have to manually restart it to get into the freestyle dash menu. I was then going to attempt to copy and modify a launch.ini file to get freestyle to boot directly without this error everytime. I was in freestyle dash's file manager and accidentally deleted dash.xex from the console's flash (nand?). This is the dash.xex for the kinect dash that was on the xbox's flash (nand?) Now my kinect dash is gone. Error 71 when I try to boot up the console. The file manager in freestyle dash allows you to move and copy files FROM the the console's flash (nand?) but will not allow me to copy any files (dash.xex) back.

My question is how can I write this file back to the xbox 360's flash and/or get the kinect dash working again? I still have the dash.xex file ( it was moved from the console's flash to my usb hdd)

I bought this console already jtagged so I don't have access to the original nand image. Can this be done without having to reflash the nand or something like that as I do not have the tools or experience to do a nand dump/flash etc.

What I have tried so far besides just trying to write this file back in freestyle dash's file manager (which didn't work, just said it was copying to flash but the file never actually transferred) is I tried to put the kinect dash update on a usb stick and reinstall that way. The first time it looked like it was starting to work (said extracting files ) then console restarted and error 71 again.

After all this, jtag function still appears to work fine. I can still boot freestyle dash off of a usb drive and load game xex's. I'm just looking for a way to get the kinect dash back. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what my jtag console came with again:

Jtagged falcon
came kinect dash ready
freeboot 0.4
dashlaunch 2.7
efuse protection

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. February 2011 @ 07:49

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > jtag error 71

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork