User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 18:50
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - backup discussion > original xbox help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Original Xbox Help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
boom10ful
_
30. June 2011 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I got my old xbox out of the closet and when I turn it on I get a blinking red/green light. By reading I saw that it was the hard drive. I found the way to replace it but I can't make an EEPROM reader. Can't you just use a software to open the original xbox hard drive and see the EEPROM code?
_
30. June 2011 @ 16:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nope, you need a mod chip in order to fix the console. mod chips allow you to bypass the security checks on the drive allowing you to install another hard drive.

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 30. June 2011 @ 16:38

ps355528
_
5. July 2011 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
there is a complete homebrew way.. but it involves above average soldering skills.. an old p3 and a stick of spare ram.. not to mention i2c-tools and one hell of a working knowledge of linux to read the raw eeprom data from the actual chip..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - backup discussion > original xbox help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork