Forums
Forums
help plz
  Jump to:

Posted Message
poyee
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
5. March 2011 @ 16:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is it possible to open my original xbox then convert it to a cdrom player from a pc, so i can play my burned games?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. March 2011 @ 17:01

Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. March 2011 @ 17:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The xbox 1 never used cdrom drives they are dvd-rom which can read dual layer discs,there is a kit to convert a pc dvd rom drive to xbox,however are you sure the games you have burnt are not faulty,most of the xbox 1 games fit on a single layer dvd if you have ripped the games yourself with a kreon drive that could be your problem as i've found it's not like ripping a 360 game disc,it's better to use dvd2xbox then ftp those files back to the comp & use qwix or whatever it's called to make the game iso then burn,also you need to have a sofmod or hardmod xbox to play the copied games (note: as yet i haven't attempted to use qwix to make iso's as yet)

poyee
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
5. March 2011 @ 19:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
The xbox 1 never used cdrom drives they are dvd-rom which can read dual layer discs,there is a kit to convert a pc dvd rom drive to xbox,however are you sure the games you have burnt are not faulty,most of the xbox 1 games fit on a single layer dvd if you have ripped the games yourself with a kreon drive that could be your problem as i've found it's not like ripping a 360 game disc,it's better to use dvd2xbox then ftp those files back to the comp & use qwix or whatever it's called to make the game iso then burn,also you need to have a sofmod or hardmod xbox to play the copied games (note: as yet i haven't attempted to use qwix to make iso's as yet)
there's no problem on the cd, im pretty sure, but my xbox is not modded, and i dont know how to do it the easiest way
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
6. March 2011 @ 19:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No point doing anything untill xbox is modded

Advertisement
_
__

_
ps355528
_
6. March 2011 @ 21:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
action replay or accessible memory card.. original copy of splinter cell.. and ndure for your region... simple and quick

hey scorp.. heres a thing.. the 616t and that lite-on drive which could be modded to work in the xbox are now so rare and hard to find they cost 5x as much as a full working xbox... (my development box has a 604a in it.. with very odd firmware and reads absolutely everything.. even +rw) the "kits" were no more than a scam.. a printed set of instructions downloaded from a website was the total of the contents...

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > help plz

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork