User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 02:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > hot swap original xbox
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Hot swap original xbox
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
31. January 2011 @ 11:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys, I have 2 xboxs that a friend gave me. I only have a power cord and don't know if they worker not. They turn on and the DVD tray opens, so I'm assuming that I can turn it on and let it sit for a minute then swap the xbox ide cable with my computers then format the drive to use with my computer.

Is this the correct way to hot swap? Any suggestions?

Toshiba Satellite a665 16.5" laptop - Intel i3 - 4gb RAM - 500 gb HDD
PS3 Slim 320GB HDD 3.41 OFW
PS2 Slim SCPH-70012 - Free McBoot 1.8 - 128MB Memory Card
PSP 3001 Silver - Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C - 8GB Sony Memory Stick
iPod Touch 2g - 8gb - MC version - Jailbroken
ps355528
_
31. January 2011 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no.. you NEED the video lead as well.. don't bother doing anything until you get one and can see what they are doing first... and as for the 10 gig drives? .. they are max security locked to the xbox motherboard.. so thats a non starter as well.. hahahahaha

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
_
3. February 2011 @ 08:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They are both Seagate 20gig drives. One has a rubber jacket, and the other is thin compared to other IDE hard drives.

The one with the rubber jacket, I dont have the original mobo.

And the other one I have the mobo and everything else except for the video out cable. When I turn it on the ring flashes yellow indicating that I dont have a video out cable pluged in.

I saw somewhere that they have master passwords like "Seagate (then 25 spaces)", or something like that.

i think that he said that they didnt work so they probably have errors of some sort.

So, can I do anything with them, or are the as good as trash?

Toshiba Satellite a665 16.5" laptop - Intel i3 - 4gb RAM - 500 gb HDD
PS3 Slim 320GB HDD 3.41 OFW
PS2 Slim SCPH-70012 - Free McBoot 1.8 - 128MB Memory Card
PSP 3001 Silver - Custom Firmware 5.03 GEN-C - 8GB Sony Memory Stick
iPod Touch 2g - 8gb - MC version - Jailbroken
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > hot swap original xbox

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork