User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:48
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > idea: kinect images on led cube
Show topics

Forums
Forums
IDEA: Kinect Images on LED Cube
  Jump to:

Posted Message
JailBound
_
11. February 2011 @ 21:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So I've been looking up various kinect hacks for the 360 and thought this would be interesting, tell me what you guys think.

If you could get the image from the kinects cameras to project onto a LED cube, If you had a couple kinects synced up, like here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-w7UXCAUJE, to make one image too you could possibely make a 3d image in the led cube.
an example of the cube is here, http://www.instructables.com/id/Led-Cube-8x8x8/,
the more lED's the more acurate the image would be.

I dont have the ability to try and do this right now but i would really like to hear someone at least try and get back to me with what ya got. I know there wouldn't be accurate color or detail but if you could get the general shape of say your hand on the LED cube and have it so it changes on depth from the cameras too that be really sweet.

Just an idea though

Joe Montano
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > idea: kinect images on led cube

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork