User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 09:00
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > power issues after jtag
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Power issues after jtag
  Jump to:

Posted Message
drichiez
_
17. February 2011 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi everybody
I'm gonna try to make this long story short.
So far I've been able to sucessfully jtag a falcon and a xenon, so i'm a bit knowledgeable about this.
My issue at the moment is with my Jasper arcade 256MB. I don't recall some details since it's been months since I originally started to work on it and then set it aside until better times.

Here's what I did:
-Console fully functional and exploytable.
-Dumped nand 3 times and made a reconstructed file, using nandcompare I believe.
-Flashed it with XBRbb
-Tested and didn't work. Note: i used the diode jtag method.
I don't clearly recall what it was that was not working but I don't think I ever got Xell to boot or anything else.
-Erased nand using the "all pins short" method.
-flashed it a second time and the same think happed.

Now this time I was gonna erase the nand again and then write the original nand back and forget about it, but i started to get a red light on the power brick, which is indication of a short. I inspected the board allover and didn't find any short whatsoever.

Months later I went back and plugged it back in using a different power supply (different meaning the connector was shaped differently but it fit), this time I got the RROD. I secondary code search pointed to problems with the power supply, so I tested using its original power supply. Now with its original power supply I get a blinking green/amber reading from the power brick.
A google search states that it may have to do with the AV connection, so I tested with different AV cables and even with a HDMI know to be working and still the same.

I even went and did the new jtag transistor method and everything is still the same.

Any ideas anybody?
Thx for your time
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. February 2011 @ 16:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Post in the Xbox 360 forums:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/152

This forum is for the ORIGINAL Xbox.

How to Stealth Patch Your 360 Games (Idiot-Proof Guide)-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/732074
How to Burn a 360 Game (Idiot-Proof Guide)-
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/729303
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > power issues after jtag

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork