User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > 5 disc dvd changer. continuous play?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
5 disc DVD changer. Continuous play?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
thomas44
_
6. July 2013 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is it possible to set the player to play the 5 disc one right after another without interuption. This would be for an older person to watch her shows without stopping after every disc.

If it's possible, what brands can you do it on?
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
7. July 2013 @ 09:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here is just an example of one that has this feature.You need to read the technical details on the DVD player.Sony DVP-NC675P/B DVD Player

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-B...#productDetails

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
thomas44
_
7. July 2013 @ 16:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
Here is just an example of one that has this feature.You need to read the technical details on the DVD player.Sony DVP-NC675P/B DVD Player

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DVP-NC675P-B...#productDetails
Thanks for your reply. I'm still a little confused by the comment I read. "The player gives you all the convenience of a carousel changer--continuous playback, play exchange...". I assume that's what you were referring to. Is that "continuous playback" for one DVD or from disc 1 to disc 2 etc.? And the word "convenience" would have a different meaning to a 90 y.o. women with Alzheimers. Hitting a button on a remote is not considered a convenience for her.

I was hoping I can get a response from someone who has one and tried it.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. July 2013 @ 22:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
play exchange means you load all bases & can switch discs in & out while one of the discs is in use,so it would play from disc 1 thru to disc 5 without stopping even if you open the tray to load another disc after one or more is finished being watched,no i don't own one i have owned an older sony 5 disc carousel & it did just that,however that one may actually continue back around from 1-5-1-5-1-5,regardless load 5 discs it will play them all 1 after the other

the other option is rip all the discs or rip n convert to mp4 play the whole lot if computer can connect to tv

thomas44
_
10. July 2013 @ 17:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
play exchange means you load all bases & can switch discs in & out while one of the discs is in use,so it would play from disc 1 thru to disc 5 without stopping even if you open the tray to load another disc after one or more is finished being watched,no i don't own one i have owned an older sony 5 disc carousel & it did just that,however that one may actually continue back around from 1-5-1-5-1-5,regardless load 5 discs it will play them all 1 after the other

the other option is rip all the discs or rip n convert to mp4 play the whole lot if computer can connect to tv
Thanks for your replay. I found one at the Goodwill for $1.29 that plays the disc continuously. Unlike the last one I tried. Of course I have to take out the menus so it doesn't stop there on the next disc. I've taken out menus before so this shouldn't be a problem.
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
13. July 2013 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah menu's suck just as bad as copy right warnings,lets face it if you rip a disk those will get warnings removed,if you don't know how to rip your more than likely never going to rip a disk in which case they just piss you off

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > 5 disc dvd changer. continuous play?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork