User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 07:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > can dvd region in the system be reset?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Can dvd region in the system be reset?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mac_t13
_
10. February 2012 @ 07:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I play my dvd, it prompt me "your system is et to dvd region 3. To play this dvd, set your system to region 1. When I click OK. Another note say "Caution--you can change the region a limited number of times. After changes remaining reaches zero, you cannot change the region even ifyou reinstall windows or move your dvd drive to a different computer.
Changes remaining :0

Window Media Player cannot play the DVD.

Can it be reset or another other solution??

Thanks
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. February 2012 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try playing it with VLC.
ps355528
_
19. February 2012 @ 13:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
this drive region setting is a filthy ripoff scam.. reflash the firmware either with original (and be ready to do it periodically) or find an rpc1 region free firmware and flash that.. the rpc1 firmwares are usually superior as they have been hacked a bit and improved to include more disk types.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > can dvd region in the system be reset?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork