User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > divx usb dvd player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc....
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DivX USB DVD player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc....
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Cieran
_
21. November 2011 @ 19:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all, this is my first post so please be kind!

Had a quick search through the forums but I couldn't find an answer to my question so here goes....

I recently bought a cheap Nikkai DVD player from Maplins, which I use to watch avi's on using a Sandisk Cruzer 8GB USB stick. These work absolutely fine the majority of the time but sometimes when there is a lot of activity on the screen such as an audience clapping, shots of moving water or live music the video starts to slow up as if it is struggling to process the data. This happens pretty much all the time if I use higher quality or VOB files.

Is this a common problem with cheaper DVD players or would it be more likely that it is the USB stick?

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. November 2011 @ 20:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does the video that's a problem on the standalone on the USB stick play OK on the PC?
Cieran
_
21. November 2011 @ 20:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Does the video that's a problem on the standalone on the USB stick play OK on the PC?
Yup it plays fine when plugged into my laptop
AfterDawn Addict
_
21. November 2011 @ 21:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like the stick is good.
If the VOB files were authored to DVD and burned to disk then played back on the standalone you could compare the known good stick to the DVD media on the same player.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Cieran
_
21. November 2011 @ 21:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
Sounds like the stick is good.
If the VOB files were authored to DVD and burned to disk then played back on the standalone you could compare the known good stick to the DVD media on the same player.
I've tried this already - when authored to DVD if does not judder/skip. However the same files judder/skip when played via the USB stick. Yet when plugged into my laptop the files work fine.

This all points to the USB port on the DVD player being at fault. It was only a cheap model so i'm not surprised.

I'm thinking of getting a Sumvision Cyclone Micro2+ as i've read good reviews about it so this should do the job instead.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. November 2011 @ 21:26

Related links
Download the latest version of DivX codec from AfterDawn.com!
Get FFSHOW from here -- free DirectShow filter for watching DivX movies, faster than original DivX codec!
Read AfterDawn.com's DivX guides from here.

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
your opinion that Divx is no Longer standard ???? 3 29. December 2013 Video - Software discussion
DivX codec, trying to remove watermark from all encodes! 6 18. April 2013 Video - Software discussion
anyone have a panaonic dmp-bd75? -I can't get divx to work 1 7. June 2012 Blu-ray players
What kind of .avi format do Divx DVD players use? 3 1. April 2012 Convert video to another format
divx and any video converter 3 19. March 2012 Convert video to another format
help needed with playing divx on surround system 1 28. January 2012 Receivers and amplifiers
Divx buffering problem 0%-100% 1 26. November 2011 Video playback problems
Samsung DVD Recorder DivX 2 13. November 2011 DVD recorders
want to convert h.264 video file to divx 3 4. September 2011 Convert video to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > divx usb dvd player - judder in certain scenes...water, live music etc....

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork