User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 05:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > dvd player suddenly won't recognise fat32 hd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
DVD player suddenly won't recognise FAT32 HD
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jucealala
_
11. March 2013 @ 00:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I bought my Toshiba DVD player, I set up my 750gb HD to FAT32. For 11 months, there hasn't been a problem. All of a sudden, the dvd player refuses to recognise the files. I have the HD set up into folders by genre. The folders are all there; they just appear to be completely empty.

I've double checked the format and it's definitely still FAT32. My laptop has no problem recognising and playing the files on it. We only have one DVD player to test it in, but when I tested it in my old one a few months ago, it didn't work. I put it down to that being an older, cheap DVD player and nothing else. It still worked in the main one at that time. I've scanned the HD for viruses with AVG, as it was recently plugged into two new computers, and it came up clean.

I think the DVD player is still under warranty until May. Other than this, it works fine. Other usb's with avi files have no problem.

What could have happened, and how can I fix it?
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > dvd player suddenly won't recognise fat32 hd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork