User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > playing my cable through dvd player
Show topics

Forums
Forums
playing my cable through dvd player
  Jump to:

Posted Message
daz1968
_
19. March 2011 @ 13:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
as the title says i wish to play my cable through my dvd player, i might get a better picture as it is hd, i need help as i dont know how to do this. i bought a new tv which is an lg and my dvd player is samsung please help daz
ps355528
_
22. March 2011 @ 06:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pffttt.. the quality of cable depends on the tuner you have from your cable provider NOT your dvd player which will not have a cable decoder etc in it.. and most of it is blocky crap mpegs

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
_
30. March 2011 @ 22:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you're talking about a regular dvd player, it's not going to work. Not possible.
If you're talking about an HTIB (home theater in a box) with built-in dvd player, the receiver part of it must upconvert everything to HDMI, for what you want to do. Most cheap HTIBs can't do this. It's only the higher end, than entry level, receivers that do this (maybe $600 and above). The tv should be upscaling the pic, as much as it can be. You should be using digital cable too, for best quality picture.

Advertisement
_
__

_
EsssWeb
_
6. July 2011 @ 02:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I will go through with ps355528 that the quality of cable depends on the tuner you have from your cable provider....

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. July 2011 @ 02:24

afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > playing my cable through dvd player

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork