User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 19:13
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > portable dvd with usb, how to make hd work?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Portable DVD with USB, how to make HD work?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
new2again
_
1. April 2010 @ 03:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was reading a few old threads on here regarding people who had problems with purchasing a dvd player that has usb support. I too happened to obtain one and unfortunately the unit wont power up the WD 320 gig hd I plug to it. I figure that the USB port does not provide adequate power therefore my overall question is:

Has anyone managed to modify the usb port to provide enough power for the HD to run from the USB port? If so, can you please tell me how you accomplished that? Or lead me to a guide that could ideally help me. Thank You kindly.

Yea... It's an MR2
Garald111
_
9. April 2010 @ 07:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry mate can't help you but looking to do something similar and just wondering if for anything bigger than a usb stick you need a external HD with it's own power supply to run from these usb inputs?

Anyone confirm that??
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > portable dvd with usb, how to make hd work?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork