User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 12:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > what are the capabilities of my player?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What are the capabilities of my player?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
HenryCan
_
29. June 2012 @ 11:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The DVD player connected to my TV is a Philips DVP3560. How can I determine what codecs, frame rates, frame sizes, etc. this device will support?

The reason I ask is that I typically download files that are in .MP4 format but this player can't handle that format. I use Aura Video Converter to change it into AVI format which the player can play fine. However, Aura needs me to specify an output profile. I choose a codec, a frame size, a video bitrate, a video framerate as well as various audio settings. If I choose the wrong values, meaning something that is unsupported on the player, the disk won't play and I get a message like "Invalid frame rate". So how can I tell what values are supported for each setting that Aura is asking me about?

I don't see this information in the DVD player's manual or at the manufacturer's website.

Also, is Aura generally accepted as a good tool for this job or are there better (free) tools for this task?

I should mention that I have followed the instructions in the DVD player manual to get the firmware version information. Unless I'm misreading something, my firmware is slightly newer than the newest one they offer at the Philips website. Also, the Aura software is running on my computer which is using XP SP3, just in case anyone wants to suggest other conversion software.

--
HenryCan
_
30. June 2012 @ 04:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a philips dvd player and i use avidemux to convert from mp4 to avi (and yes its free).also found an unlock code for multiregion playback from a link on here.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd players > what are the capabilities of my player?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork