User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 02:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > new to this
Show topics

Forums
Forums
new to this
  Jump to:

Posted Message
sean666
_
15. November 2010 @ 22:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi i just got my xbox back today and with a new duo x2 modchip which came pree flashed and had xbmc installed as a softmod

i found that if i go into dashboards in xbmc and then click load default flash i get back to the microsoft dashboard which is good and exsactly what i wanted however im wondering why when i turn on the xbox using the eject button i get error 05

im wondering how do i get it to load the microsoft dashboard when i press eject to turn the console on and leave it loading xbmc when i press power

i found my duo x2 had evolution m8 137+ and my xbox is a 1.6 or 1.6b i think

but yea to be able to get it to load the microsoft dash when i press eject instead of error 5 would rule i have a backup of the eeprom btw
_
22. December 2010 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well first answer me this

1.Solid Red, indicates system is overheated or possible hardware failure.
2.Flashing Green, bad bios load.
3.Flashing Red-Orange, bad video output, could be damaged hardware.
4.Flashing Red-Green, The MCPX chip is overheating or damaged. If the problem is intermittent, try placing a heatsink on the MCPX and cleaning out your Xbox (Note: the MCPX chip is the one with the nvidia logo on it.
5.Flashing Orange, if you've modded it may be a solder splash or damaged trace also overheating.
6.Flashing Orange-Green, no Audio/Video pack installed. check the cable for proper installation, if using the High definition pack revert to the standard cable.
7.Solid Green with no audio or video, this is probably a problem with audio settings. try to reboot your Xbox with a standard A/V cable instead of the High Definition A/V cable.
8.Xbox boots three times and displays a flashing Red-Green usually means your mod chip is installed incorrectly

which of these applied and error code 5 is a kernal issue so change the kernal it may work

The Deads Requiem
ps355528
_
23. December 2010 @ 01:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rubbish .. error5 means drive is unlocked thats all .. so go into the chip dash and lock it.. a softmod won't boot with the drive unlocked at all.. so e5 can ONLY happen on on a box which somebody has tried to mod.. has succeeded after a fashion and then left the drive unlocked and rebooted.
If it will boot a modded dash but goes e5 on the M$ dash it's either chipped or has a tsop flash.. simple.

as for that silly "guess" at the flash codes.. what rot..

flashing green.. drive hunting.. dvd or hdd error usually caused by drives, ide cable or ide controller failure

red-green .. any basic software problem.. usually e16 or 21

solid green with no a/v output .. broken bios.. chip or flash tsop.. or on 1.1 change a couple of mobo solder points to try different bank

solid red .. corrupt eeprom.. usually caused by config magic

flashing red.. hardware failure.. system fails to post.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > new to this

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork