User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:39
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > reformat reinstall already softmod xbox
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Reformat reinstall already softmod XBOX
  Jump to:

Posted Message
andwan0
_
28. January 2011 @ 10:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a softmodded XBOX. I like to reformat and reinstall vanilla softmod (ie Slayer 2.6). Will this work? Just by booting up his CD?
Advertisement
_
__
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
28. January 2011 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Once formatted no need to do it again,slayers is a live cd so yep & the latest slayers is 2.7 tho i'm wondering why use slayers when AID is a much later install disc & can do hard or soft install,if you can't find anything on torrent try using xbins to get file or torrent

andwan0
_
28. January 2011 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks man! You are the best! Exactly what I was looking for!
dennisv9
_
31. January 2011 @ 09:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by andwan0:
I have a softmodded XBOX. I like to reformat and reinstall vanilla softmod (ie Slayer 2.6). Will this work? Just by booting up his CD?
slayer discs kills your softmod. if you do a reformat using slayer disc; your softmod is gone... make sure you backup your eeprom before messing around; it will save you a alot of problems afterwards.

slayer 2.7 does not do a softmod reinstall, perhaps the aid disc does. but slayer will only work on a hardmodded (tsop or chipped) xbox.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
31. January 2011 @ 21:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok my bad regarding slayer 2.7 however AID 4.50 as well as the update pack of 4.51 (needs to be added if you want to update 4.50 instructions included) DOES both soft & hard you will also be able to backup eeprom from the live cd,AID also has many apps included which can run from live cd you'll see once you boot it they are in "Advanced" section in main menu scroll down to see it

ps355528
_
31. January 2011 @ 23:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
/me waits for the "help.. i got error 16" panic thread... if it works LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!!... you can update the apps.. but for fks sake LEAVE the dash alone as well!!!!

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
dennisv9
_
1. February 2011 @ 06:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ps355528:
/me waits for the "help.. i got error 16" panic thread... if it works LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!!... you can update the apps.. but for fks sake LEAVE the dash alone as well!!!!
hahahahahhah...... you are right, messing around with the dashboards and reinstalling will end up with a non-booting dashboard and error. and people NEVER make a backup of their eeprom; so that ship has always sailed when they are at the point of error 16...

if you know what you are doing it is not a big problem. but if you don't; just leave the dash as it is and put all the dasboards etc. in the apps folder. then just boot it via the apps folder. in the old days i got so many people coming around after they messed with the slayer disc or deleted their dashboard trying to do (whatever they did)....
Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
1. February 2011 @ 23:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hardmod only way to go from the get go

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > reformat reinstall already softmod xbox

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork