User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 20:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > analysis results - are where?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
analysis results - are where?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
sheridanS
_
11. April 2014 @ 21:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use Shrink 3.2.0.15 -- I cannot find my analysis folder anywhere on my HD. I have read other posts about this. I made my HIDDEN folders view-able and I can still not find my analysis folder.

I want to find it because I have one movie that did not do the analysis cleanly so I wanted to give the movie/DVD a good cleaning and then RE-DO the whole process in hopes of getting a good burn. However, as soon as I put the original disk (the movie DVD) back in - it automatically pulls up the old, damaged analaysis and therefore, there is no way for me to get a cleaner analysis, with the cleaned up disk. How can I get out of this problem?

Here is the path - then has currently lead me to no-where:

(OS)C:

Program Files (86x)

DVD Shrink (and within that folder I find the following seven things):

*Still Images - File Folder

*Web - File Folder

*DVD SHRINK 3.2 - Application

*License - Text Folder

*unins000.dat - DAT Folder

*unins000 - Application

*Version History - Text document

I have read else where on this forum that I should be able to find an 'Analysis Results' folder. For some reasons I cannot. I am running Windows 7. I would greatly appreciate some help with this puzzle.

Thank you.

Dean

Dean
Advertisement
_
__
sheridanS
_
11. April 2014 @ 22:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sheridanS:
I use Shrink 3.2.0.15 -- I cannot find my analysis folder anywhere on my HD. I have read other posts about this. I made my HIDDEN folders view-able and I can still not find my analysis folder.

I want to find it because I have one movie that did not do the analysis cleanly so I wanted to give the movie/DVD a good cleaning and then RE-DO the whole process in hopes of getting a good burn. However, as soon as I put the original disk (the movie DVD) back in - it automatically pulls up the old, damaged analaysis and therefore, there is no way for me to get a cleaner analysis, with the cleaned up disk. How can I get out of this problem?

Here is the path - then has currently lead me to no-where:

(OS)C:

Program Files (86x)

DVD Shrink (and within that folder I find the following seven things):

*Still Images - File Folder

*Web - File Folder

*DVD SHRINK 3.2 - Application

*License - Text Folder

*unins000.dat - DAT Folder

*unins000 - Application

*Version History - Text document

I have read else where on this forum that I should be able to find an 'Analysis Results' folder. For some reasons I cannot. I am running Windows 7. I would greatly appreciate some help with this puzzle.

Thank you.

Dean
Here are a few more facts about my setup that might prove helpful in solving this problem:

When I select the 'BackUp!' button - the next screen looks like this (how do you do those 'screen shots into your posts anyway?!):

Select Backup Target: (Nero disabled in preferences):

ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter

Select Target Image File:

C:\MovieNameHere.ISO

Dean
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. April 2014 @ 02:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Clearing the analysis can be done with ccleaner tho it's unnecessary for the reason you want

There is no "damaged" analysis as you put as that's all it is just an analysis of the disk content,there is no copying of data as the backup is a completely separate process; as far as i can tell the analysis is nothing more than dvdshrink detecting the structure of the dvd,when you start the backup it starts a completely new process i've never needed to clear dvd shrink cache because of a damaged or dirty disk read so to me the analysis good or bad is irrelevant,in other words when i get a dvd shrink error can't read disc i clean disc & try again till i get to the dvdshrink window where i can select whatever

if after cleaning the disk dvdshrink throws up "can't read disc" then that dvd is stuffed

you can create a video_ts folder or an iso that you can play to check play back before burning

sheridanS
_
12. April 2014 @ 03:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ScorpNZ: Thank you for your comments. Mine are interspersed below.

Originally posted by scorpNZ:
Clearing the analysis can be done with ccleaner tho it's unnecessary for the reason you want

^^^I have Ccleaner, how would one do it that way?

There is no "damaged" analysis as you put as that's all it is just an analysis of the disk content,

^^^I was watching the 'video preview window' that comes with Shrink - it got 'stuck' on 52% . . . after 5-10 minutes of getting snagged up there -- AT just 52% completion - the green horizontal bar at the top jetted across like everything was done.

Before doing a burn and a rip, I used Shrink's internal player and watched parts of the movie. Several parts had freed up, then it would start up again, dialog choppy. That is what I mean by a damaged analysis. I figured what I saw on Shrink's internal viewer would be what I would get on a burned copy -- namely a movie that is 96% fine . . .with four percent choppy dialog/video. That being the case, I wanted to CLEAN and POLISH the movie so I could get an analysis that ran smoothly - if the analysis goes smoothly, so would the burn. But . . . Shrink would not let me RE-analyze after the clean of the disk. It just quickly went right back to using the old (damaged analysis) file that I had made at first.

there is no copying of data as the backup is a completely separate process;

^^^^I burn with just one burn driver. I'm using my laptop. So . . . I assume the compressed files have to be 'saved' somewhere until the PC puts them onto a DVD.

as far as i can tell the analysis is nothing more than dvdshrink detecting the structure of the dvd,when you start the backup it starts a completely new process

^^^^^I'm confused. My limited understanding is the files have to be saved somewhere temporarily before they can be reproduced on a DVD-R

I've never needed to clear dvd shrink cache because of a damaged or dirty disk read so to me the analysis good or bad is irrelevant,

^^^^^^My experience has proven to me otherwise. A choppy analyses will result in a choppy image being burned to a disk.

in other words when i get a dvd shrink error can't read disc i clean disc & try again

^^^As soon as I put in the new clean movie of 'BOB' - 'BOB' will not get encoding, anaylized, etc . . . give it 5 seconds and it simply goes back to the OLD 'damaged' analysis.

till i get to the dvdshrink window where i can select whatever

if after cleaning the disk dvdshrink throws up "can't read disc" then that dvd is stuffed

you can create a video_ts folder or an iso that you can play to check play back before burning
^^^^Yes, this is what I did . . . I played back parts of the ISO via shrink's internal viewer/player and they were choppy . . . hence my wanting to clean the disk and try again. But when I put the clean disc in . . .it automatically finds the old ios and does not provide me a chance to make a NEW IOS of 'bob'.

Thank you for your time.

Dean
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. April 2014 @ 15:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The analysis doesn't save video files = at this stage its only scanned the structure & layout of the dvd,the amount of space used for this process is only a few mb & is most probably text based

the backup process when started is when video files are saved temporarily & when dvd backup is complete = before this process nothing is created therefore no space used.

TEST:= open my computer right clik on C write down used space.
now go scan a dvd you haven't scanned before now recheck used space.
notice there is only a few mb that has changed when checking used space on C.
now backup that dvd & after it's completed the used space has increased by the same amount the dvd is or whatever compression size was used

ok you with me so far

you can delete the test dvd created backup

lets get back to the original dvd,it's been scanned (Analised),your ready to extract a single title or do a complete backup at this stage your about to rip directly from the dvd;

right now hit backup the first thing that happens is the dvd is re-anaylised parts of that may stop at different sectors if it does it means dvdshrink is having trouble reading damaged parts of the dvd;

it will attempt to copy them best it can if its real bad you may be asked to skip that particular block;

if however the scan completes & the dvd files are created & then you play it back & parts are choppy it means only one thing the dvd is beyond help

the easiest method is to play the dvd in a desktop pc not the laptop & preferably a pc that has a dvd burner no older than 3 years & uses a lite-on or pioneer or samsung or other good quality dvd burner,if playback is choppy again disc is stuffed it will need polishing at a local video hire store to restore it,be warned it may not work so 50/50

summary :
the first scan of the disc is irrelevant no structure of the dvd has been physically copied,when the disc is backed up it is RESCANNED sector by sector but this time data is being created ,any choppy playback after backup means the disc itself is damaged it has nothing to do with the very first scan. whether you retry even after cleaning the dvd ,the outcome will be the same when you start a new backup it means the dvd is being re-read it doesn't rely on the old data as there is none so if the this 2nd rip creates skipping it means the cleaned disc is damaged as it was read directly from the dvd not a temp folder

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. April 2014 @ 16:07

sheridanS
_
13. April 2014 @ 19:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for your time and patience - I understand now!

Much appreciated!

Dean

Dean
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
25. May 2014 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by sheridanS:
I use Shrink 3.2.0.15 -- I cannot find my analysis folder anywhere on my HD.

I have read else where on this forum that I should be able to find an 'Analysis Results' folder. For some reasons I cannot. I am running Windows 7.

Thank you.

Dean

DVD-Shrink Analysis Results files
[hidden folder]

XP:
C:\Document and settings\user(The one you use DVDShrink under)\AplicationData\DVDShrink

Vista:
C:\ProgramData\DVDShrink

W-7:
c:\ProgramData\DVD Shrink

Deleting one, some or all files will increase DVD-Shrink speed performance only.
It don't work like: Cleaning the prefetch files of one, some or all the programs exe's you previously download. In order to get a 100% fresh program (s) download.

If you have a bad or good ISO print and you delete it in order to have more space on your PC or else: You have to start the whole process from scratch. (It probably is what you really need to do & check for damages on you original DVD source).

After you start the whole process from scratch; A Deep Analysis will give you a better back-up that a "Quick" Analysis or "Not at all Auto Analysis needed" like the very old ( 2000'ish) DVD Movies.

NOTE:
Take in mind that the second rip will replace the first one if you tell it to do so, when the window that detect the first rip, open.

Hope this help.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. May 2014 @ 17:52

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > analysis results - are where?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork