User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 16:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > cannot read the disc
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Cannot read the disc
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Ari2003
_
25. November 2011 @ 20:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi I have a question for you, I've been trying to make a DVD to play in my DVD player, I'm using Shrink and Nero 8 but the message in the DVD player is "cannot read the disc", could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong...
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. November 2011 @ 10:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is the movie a recent release.
Was the disk decrypted using the likes of DVDFab.
Does the burned disk play OK on the PC.
Ari2003
_
26. November 2011 @ 12:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your answer, no, they are old movies from 70ties, once burnt, I can watch them on the PC but I can't on standalone DVD, it says "Cannot read disc", I open the DVD with shrink, I backup the disc, and then the files I get I burn it with Nero 8 to a DVD-R, but something is wrong, could you please help me? I would appreciate it...
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. November 2011 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If your certain that it isn't an encryption issue, burn the output files from DVD Shrink using ImgBurn.

If you saved the output to the HDD, run ImgBurn and select 'Write files/folder to disk' and browse to or drag the VIDEO_TS folder into the window.

If you saved the output from DVD Shrink to an ISO image file, run ImgBurn and select 'Write image file to disk' and browse to or drag the ISO file into the window.

Insert a blank and select a moderate speed (4x) and test the result.

This eliminates Nero as the source of the problem.
Ari2003
_
26. November 2011 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried to burn with shrink but the message is the same.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. November 2011 @ 18:00

AfterDawn Addict
_
26. November 2011 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried burning ImgBurn?
Ari2003
_
26. November 2011 @ 20:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Attar I don't have the program I'll download it, Do you know why Nero 8 doesn't work?
\
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. November 2011 @ 20:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know where the problem lies.
It's a case of elimination - first burn with something else.
If that doesn't work, it may simply be that the media are low quality and the standalone doesn't like them.
Ari2003
_
27. November 2011 @ 16:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Attar I installed Imag Burn , I opened "write files folder to disc" but when I tried to add my video TS the folder is empty.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. November 2011 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
but when I tried to add my video TS the folder is empty.
I'm not clear what that means.
The VIDEO_TS folder contains the VOB,IFO,BUP files?
When does it become empty?
Ari2003
_
27. November 2011 @ 21:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My AfterDawn friend, I am really lost, I have the video " who 's on first" in the videorips folder in my documents, I opened ImgBurn and when I tried to add folder and tried to open my videorips folder a message appears .."no items match your search", now I am trying to figure this out and I am studying the Krebs cycle in the cellular metabolism, both things are making me crazy, my solution is your knowledge or my Psychiatrist tomorrow, ja ja ja, sorry, it's serious, helpppppp!!!!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. November 2011 @ 22:16

Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. November 2011 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Open the folder location with Explorer.
Run ImgBurn.
'Write fles/folder to disc'
Drag the VIDEO_TS folder onto the ImgBurn pane.

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > cannot read the disc

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork