User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 06:33
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd fab 8 qt wont open
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Dvd Fab 8 QT Wont Open
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gtmustang69
_
18. January 2012 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have DVD FAB 7 (the Free version) installed on my computer and it works fine. I installed DVD FAB 8 QT (the free version) in March of 2011. It wont even open up. it just sits there and acts like I didnt select it and sometimes it locks up my computer. I have tried updating this about three different times with three different updated versions and I always get the same results. I am running Windows XP service pack 3. I have an older computer if that matters. Does anybody have any idea what I can do to fix this?
Advertisement
_
__
Chetwood
_
19. January 2012 @ 02:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Trying the latest beta instead and if it does not work asking on the official forum?

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)
MultiShrink
: batch processing for DVD Shrink
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. February 2012 @ 17:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You might need to uninstall the older version but I have installed dozens of versions with out any snags. Why install a version that is almost a year old? I have been forced to upgrade at least once this year because the 12/11 version didn't work.
macv53
_
18. June 2012 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm having the same problem. I try to rip the Disney movie "Cars" using DVDFab_8_qt and it never gets past the "scan disc" phase. So I use DVD Decrypter and it doesn't have any problem with the procedure. I use the old version of DVD Shrink to pluck the movie out of the rest of the junk and then I compile the image using IMGBurn, to burn it to disc. So far in two separate occasions, when I went to play it in my player, (JVC Digital Theater System), I'm experiencing the timer on the player freezes during playback and the movie momentarily freezes as well. I don't have this problem with any other movie except with Pixar! I'm beginning to wonder if there's a buffer issue here! The movie comes out beautiful, don't get me wrong, it's just that I have run into this issue two times. Does anyone know how I can get through this and stop making coasters? My computer is a HP Pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC running Windows 7 64 bit. Thank you for your attention.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. June 2012 @ 13:03

Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. June 2012 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
FixVTS will remove skips. You use it after you rip to VTS files. Then you can load the fixed files into shrink. You must have had surface defects. You are lucky you got it to work the way it did. DVD Decrypter reads/writes the disk more carefully than any other product. That is why people that rip a good deal do not use Nero. Imgburn is the next generation of DVD Decrypter. It is far more careful. If you can find Ripit4me you will even have a better chance of reading blemished disks. It uses DVD Decrypter, FixVTS and Shrink. Do not let it do any clean up its self.

You can re-rip the burned disk but the original would be much better. You might lose some content ripping the burned disk. The content is not on the burned disk. The skip is where a scratch was. You lose the material under the scratch unless you grind no matter what but you lose much less by patching it before processing the disk in shrink. Shrink 'throws away' the damages frames.

For scratched disks use a mechanical dish grinder that can be found in most stores that sell lots of videos and electronics.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. June 2012 @ 18:39

macv53
_
18. June 2012 @ 19:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks MEZ, but the disc is in prime condition! No blemishes or scratches. I have DVD Decrypter and Shrink and have discovered that Decrypter is a harsh ripper. It has tendencies to not only remove protection but it harms the low light scenes from the movie, leaving a snowy effect in its place. I don't get this from other protection removers. Also I have FixVTS and I use it every time I choose to go with "Movie Only", in order to correct the pointers and to remove blank cells within. It's just weird, I only run across this issue when I work with Disney/Pixar movies. Thank you for your response my friend.
JST1946
_
18. June 2012 @ 20:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My computer has Windows XP SP3 also and I have DVDfab the latest version and never have any problems any Disney/Pixar movies either. (Fingers Crossed).

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
18. June 2012 @ 20:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Who made movie is irrelevant,the disc you ripped from is it an original move dvd or one you burned already,next up you got the make of disc your trying to burn to , with what dvd burner not the laptop is it..lol..that leads into what burn speed,try doing the lot again on a desktop with quality dvd's but before you burn those quality dvd's use a dvd+rw that'll solve the coaster issue till it's sorted a dysan,imation or verb should suffice

ps:you really should start your own thread

@69mustang
personally i like the 1970 boss :p
try anydvd see how it does however i've found v8.0 dvdfab to be somewhat buggy mores so on win 7 64bit than xp sp3,it's possible there's something interferring with fab the only other option i can thing of is try dropping pathplayer to never & then see how it goes

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. June 2012 @ 20:38

_
18. June 2012 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
F
Originally posted by macv53:
I'm having the same problem. I try to rip the Disney movie "Cars" using DVDFab_8_qt and it never gets past the "scan disc" phase. So I use DVD Decrypter and it doesn't have any problem with the procedure. I use the old version of DVD Shrink to pluck the movie out of the rest of the junk and then I compile the image using IMGBurn, to burn it to disc. So far in two separate occasions, when I went to play it in my player, (JVC Digital Theater System), I'm experiencing the timer on the player freezes during playback and the movie momentarily freezes as well. I don't have this problem with any other movie except with Pixar! I'm beginning to wonder if there's a buffer issue here! The movie comes out beautiful, don't get me wrong, it's just that I have run into this issue two times. Does anyone know how I can get through this and stop making coasters? My computer is a HP Pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC running Windows 7 64 bit. Thank you for your attention.
For new Movies Use the latest version of DVD Fab 8.1.8.5 Qt (May 24th, 2012):
http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB

For Old Movies use older versions of DVD Fab 8.0.6.1 (Dec. 18th, 2010) etc. etc.
http://www.dvdfab.com/news

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. June 2012 @ 20:43

Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. June 2012 @ 22:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by macv53:
Thanks MEZ, but the disc is in prime condition! No blemishes or scratches.
My advice was still sound except for the scratches info. Ripit4me will do a better job than DVD Decrypter alone. Try it before you knock it. The disk only had a STD encryption but had special encryption on the table used to access the files. Ripit4me helps DVD Decrypter read those tables.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. June 2012 @ 07:31

afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > dvd fab 8 qt wont open

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork