User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > g.i. joe rise of cobra successful backup
Show topics

Forums
Forums
G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra Successful Backup
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
_
29. October 2009 @ 19:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AnyDVD 6.5.9.5
CloneDVD 2.9.1.7

Basic Rip and Burn with no errors.
Advertisement
_
__
joeyd1
_
3. November 2009 @ 13:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AnyDVD 6.5.9.5 and Shrink worked perfectly. Movie only. Red fox stayed pink alittle longer than usual.
Tmaxxfan
_
3. November 2009 @ 14:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does the new Anydvd backup the entire movie also or just the main movie? Thinking of purchasing because I couldn't backup either my copy of Transformers.. (though I can now,,with DVDFab 6.1.2.5} and now i cannot backup GI Joe Rise of Cobra.. Also, since I'm here please answer one more question for me please,if I do purchase Anydvd should I go ahead and purchase the one for blu ray also or just regular Anydvd as i don't have a Blu Ray burner at this point ?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies. Been a long time since I've posted here but just want to let you all know I think all of you here are top notch people in regards to helping us. Thanks again
_
3. November 2009 @ 14:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anydvd takes off the protection from the disk so that you can use a program like dvdshrink to copy it... It also has a rip to HDD feature if you want to go that route. As far as which version to get it's your call... but why get something your not going to use...

TruckerPr
_
4. November 2009 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried using AnyDVD and DVD Shrink. AnyDVD shows that it has taken care of any protection and DVD Shrink reads and loads the DVD just fine. When I try to backup to an ISO, it gets through the process in about 45 seconds and outputs the ISO as a 85MB file. Any ideas?

Thanks.
tlcpaint
_
5. November 2009 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Currently using Ideal DVD Copy to burn entire disc to 4.7G. Seems to be working. Using trial version. Ten uses available before purchase required. Will advise if burn is successful.
tlcpaint
_
5. November 2009 @ 11:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Burn successful with Ideal DVD Copy. Menus and previews intact. Watching now. Burned to 4.7 G at 65% compression.
_
5. November 2009 @ 22:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i did that and it came out out of sequence

Mr. Dyckugood
Ninja49
_
5. November 2009 @ 22:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I used AnyDVD 6.5.9.5 and it looked like it had removed all the protection, but when using DvD Decrypter to rip it, tonnes of error messages came out. So I ignored all of them and continuing with VobBlanker and then Dvd Shrink.....

Let you all know how that came out soon!
PacMan777
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. November 2009 @ 05:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I ripped the movie to HD with DVDFab. I've not finished that set of files yet.

I ran AnyDVD and opened GI Joe with Recode. The reallocation failed. At this point I'll say don't close Recode. Instead copy the Video_TS folder (or cut and paste) from the Recode temp folder to another folder. I then ran FixVTS to be on the safe side and burned with Nero Express. Now you can close Recode. :) I'm off to watch the results.

Update: Excellent backup. All controls function and movie quality is typical Nero Recode quality.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. November 2009 @ 08:22

tlcpaint
_
6. November 2009 @ 09:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Watched the copy I burned using trial version of Ideal DVD Copy and it was good. Chapters all in sequence. If you check this move randomly it may seem out of sequence because there are a lot of flashback scenes.
PacMan777
AfterDawn Addict
_
6. November 2009 @ 19:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was checking to see how many ways I could do this movie. AnyDVD with CloneDVD 2 works okay. Hathcock mentioned that at the beginning of the thread. Why in the Shrink forum I'm not sure. It's a seamless process with no need to run additional software to clean up the file structure. It's probably the easiest. It's also expensive if you don't already own the software. The free route it to use DVDFab to rip and then use your other freeware to compress (possibly clean up) and burn. DVD Shrink comes to mind. LOL After all this is the forum. ;)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. November 2009 @ 22:42

mazster
_
6. November 2009 @ 23:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello everyone, I do not have AnyDvd. Can it be done DvdFab to shrink?
_
6. November 2009 @ 23:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by mazster:
Can it be done DvdFab to shrink?
I assume you saw this ~ http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/810238/4908468

I don't have this movie but reading Pacman777's reply it's obvious that you can just run FixVTS (or Vobblanker) after DVDFab. Once the files have been cleaned in this way there should be no reason to think that it won't work with Shrink

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. November 2009 @ 23:59

PacMan777
AfterDawn Addict
_
7. November 2009 @ 04:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Creaky
I've done this DVD a few different ways and starting to feel like I'm wasting DVDs. Running FixVTS on the files ripped with the free DVDFab Decrypter appears to be insurance and possibly not necessary when using DVD Shrink. (Shrink does some work on its own with correcting file structure and is also a good tool in checking file structure. Normally when a set of files open okay in DVD Shrink they also work okay in other programs.) The files I ripped opened okay in DVD Shrink without running FixVTS. The user needs to uncheck the unneeded languages under Compression Settings to get the compression warning back in the green. This is a large video, so Quality Settings should definitely be used. If a person has DVD RB, they might want to use it. I'm going to do this one more time with RB, but that means a few hours. I have a few other backups to run in batch.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. November 2009 @ 04:46

tex77447
_
7. November 2009 @ 17:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have the newest version of DVD FAB and I can't even get it to rip the movie. Can anyone give me any suggestions why?
tlcpaint
_
7. November 2009 @ 21:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD Fab is a little slow to update on new copy protection. Usually about a week or so after release of dvd. I had successs with trial version of Ideal DVD Copy. See posting above.
_
7. November 2009 @ 22:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
TRY:

DVDFab 6.1.2.5 > Disable PatPlayer > Title Angle #10

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.
nycdude
_
8. November 2009 @ 07:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Mrguss for that info
_
9. November 2009 @ 02:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by nycdude:
Thanks Mrguss for that info
You Welcome and Happy Burning.

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.
99ss
_
13. November 2009 @ 17:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mrguss:
TRY:

DVDFab 6.1.2.5 > Disable PatPlayer > Title Angle #10
How do you know it is #10 ?
Thanks
Samarijak
_
15. November 2009 @ 16:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So here is my dilemma. I have Rip it for me to backup my DVD. Got DVD decryptor with some minor changes I made for encryption and shrink DVD for the whole Compression.
The issue I have is it says that the dang video is 26 gb in size when I import it into DVD shrink. ??? I checked out the ISO image of the DVD and it is only 7 gb. I really do not understand why it would do this and if there is anything that you can tell me I would really appreciate it .
I have even tried to do custom compressions but it spits out a crazy image. Should I try to use Any DVD to rip that way I get all the encryption off. And then try the shrink ? Any input would help tremendously.

Samurai-Jack
_
15. November 2009 @ 16:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@ Samarijak

Try doing just Movie Only.

damofo121
_
16. November 2009 @ 21:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im using the latest anydvd and dvdclone copys perfect but with commentary over the top? audio in background but commentary to. any ideas
Advertisement
_
__

_
joeyd1
_
16. November 2009 @ 22:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by damofo121:
im using the latest anydvd and dvdclone copys perfect but with commentary over the top? audio in background but commentary to. any ideas
You have chosen the wrong audio track to backup. or if you didn't untick any of the tracks when backing up then use your DVD remote to change which track to play when watching.

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > software specific discussion > dvd shrink forum > g.i. joe rise of cobra successful backup

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork