User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 16:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > avi converted video plays on computer, not dvd player
Show topics

Forums
Forums
AVI converted video plays on computer, not dvd player
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Tipiford
_
23. February 2014 @ 12:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I converted an AVI video to DVD and it plays on a PC but not on a DVD player. I have created DVDs from other AVI videos without this problem. Any suggestions?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. February 2014 @ 19:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it was correctly authored using decent software, plays OK on the PC and it's not a PAL version being played on an NTSC standalone, then that suggests the media.
The only readily available disks that are consistently reliable are Verbatim disks (not their 'Value Series')which say 'AZO' on the package and have been burned at a moderate speed.
Tipiford
_
23. February 2014 @ 21:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by attar:
If it was correctly authored using decent software, plays OK on the PC and it's not a PAL version being played on an NTSC standalone, then that suggests the media.
The only readily available disks that are consistently reliable are Verbatim disks (not their 'Value Series')which say 'AZO' on the package and have been burned at a moderate speed.
Thanx for the response. This file was converted to IFO/VOB files with AVI2DVD, saved to ISO with Shrink and burned to disc with Imgburn. I only use Verbatim DVD-R discs (95102-4.7GB) and DVD+R discs (95310-8.5GB). (I have always burned at the default speed in Imageburn/Decrypter.) I no longer have the AVI file to look at, but I do have the IFO/VOB files; is there a way to decipher the version (PAL/NTSC) from the IFO/VOB files?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. February 2014 @ 21:03

AfterDawn Addict
_
24. February 2014 @ 05:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVI2DVD should have a setting to select NTSC or PAL output.
GSpot will indicate PAL or NTSC when a VOB file is dragged onto the window.
The image here shows an example of NTSC video.
PAL video would be 25fps.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/codecs/gspot.cfm

Advertisement
_
__

_
Tipiford
_
24. February 2014 @ 08:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanx much. I downloaded Gspot from your link and, sure enough, it read the AVI file and it was PAL output. I will watch that PAL to NTSC conversion whenever I'm using AVI2DVD.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > avi converted video plays on computer, not dvd player

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork