User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 01:37
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > burning mkv file to dvd with multiple subtitles
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning mkv file to DVD with Multiple subtitles
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Crow163
_
28. January 2013 @ 08:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello All,
I hope you can help me with this problem:
I have an MKV file I would like to burn to a DVD to watch on my player. I would like to add subtitles in 3 languages: English, French and Arabic to the DVD.
I have the 3 subtitles in 3 separate SRT files.
I have tried to use FAVC and Aimersoft DVD Creator programs but they allow me to add only one SRT file per MKV when authoring the DVD.
Can you please help me, or give me the name of a DVD creator application that allows me to do that? I have Windows 64bit on my computer.
Thank you kindly.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. January 2013 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
AVS2DVD allows the addition of up to three subtitles.
Load the video then on the top menu click 'Title' > 'Subtitles' > 'Add Subtitles'.
Repeat for each sub.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD
Crow163
_
28. January 2013 @ 10:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Attar for your reply.
The problem I'm facing now is that the arabic subtitles are showing up as strange character on my dvd player.
I used DVDFab.
Is there a way to change the encoding of the arabic srt file so that it shows correctly?
Thanks a lot!!!
Crow163
_
28. January 2013 @ 10:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
double post. sorry :)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. January 2013 @ 10:43

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. January 2013 @ 10:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
showing up as strange character on my dvd player.
I used DVDFab.
Not AVStoDVD?
Crow163
_
28. January 2013 @ 11:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I opened the arabic srt file with notepad and saved it using ANSI coding. I'm burning the disc now to try it, I think it should work.
Crow163
_
28. January 2013 @ 11:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry Attar, I tried DVDfab just before you replied.
I'll keep you posted in case this method works.
Thanks again!
Crow163
_
28. January 2013 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Something is really strange in this thread, my post are not showing up and as soon as i log in with my username and password, it says "welcome back" and then the page opens as if I'm not logged in! I tried 3 different browsers!
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. January 2013 @ 12:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Click the 'Report' link at the bottom/right and leave a message for a mod.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > burning mkv file to dvd with multiple subtitles

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork