User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 22:20
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > burning to dvd is blurred and flickering
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Burning to DVD is blurred and flickering
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Cabby95
_
19. January 2012 @ 08:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,
I have filmed a viode (1hr long) on a brand new Cisco Flip Ultra HD. The file is 3.7GB and I have managed to get this onto my laptop hard drive from the Flip. It is in .MP4 format.
I have then downloaded a free trial version of Nero 11 and have used Nero Burning ROM 11 to burn to DVD.
I tried using the DVD-Video mode but this says the file is too big (over 2GB) and suggests to use UDF.
So, I have used the DVD-ROM (UDF) mode to burn the file onto a DVD.
Have used a TDK DVD-R 4.7CB blank DVD.
The file transfers onto the disc, but when playing it back using Windows Media Player the video is flickering, blurred and I cannt hear the talking or music and the picture flickers.
When I try to play on my laptop using InterVideo WinDVD it says "No valid Drive/Disc found".

I have done this process twice and same result both times.

Can someone give me some advice please as urgently need to get this DVD burnt for a submission.

Thanks very much
Cabby95
_
19. January 2012 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
also.... if I look at the DVD via windows explorer the file is still in .MP4 format - not sure if that is relevant
_
19. January 2012 @ 10:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you trying to convert the files into DVD format, or are you wanting to keep the same mp4 format? If you want them into DVD format, then you are going to have to use a converter, such as DVD Flick to convert to play on a normal dvd, otherwise, all you did was just copy the files from your hard drive to disk.

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > burning to dvd is blurred and flickering

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork