User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 20:31
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > tmpgenc authoring works 4 and h.264 video preview playback is slow
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 and H.264 Video Preview Playback is SLOW
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jrburke99
_
2. January 2014 @ 11:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Samsung HMX-Q10 camcorder which records HD video in H.264/MP4 format. While attempting to put together a DVD of my videos in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, I try to edit each video clip, but the preview playback only plays the first half second or so normally, and then it stops moving completely. The audio continues to play. It seems the program chokes on it. I can play the videos smoothly through Windows Media Player. I also have the latest version of Quicktime installed on my computer. I have the "low resolution" option checked, but the help says that may not work with certain video formats. It seems to make no difference, so I assume the H.264 is one of those exceptions.

I am running an AMD A4-4000 Richland 3.2GHz Dual-Core CPU, with 4GB of DDR3 1333 RAM. My main hard drive is a 1TB, 7200RPM w/64MB cache, SATA, 6GB/sec Western Digital. The videos reside on a secondary SATA drive.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the preview video to play back smoothly? I upgraded my computer JUST for the purpose of editing my HD home movies, so it is quite a bummer to find it still not working. Would upgrading to version 5 work? Or should I install a specific codec to decode the H.265 video faster? Would moving the video to the main hard drive be better? Thank you!
Related links
Download TMPGEnc from here.
Read AfterDawn.com's VCD and SVCD guides from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Review: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 7 15. June 2011 News comments
TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 1 11. May 2011 Convert DVD to another format
TMPGenc Xpress 4.0 6 26. October 2010 Video - Software discussion
TMPGEnc authoring software question 4 4. September 2010 Video to DVD
Problems loading Blu Ray files into TMPGEnc DVD Author 4 3 15. April 2010 Blu-ray players
Problems loading m2ts files into TMPGEnc DVD Author 4 1 14. April 2010 Video to DVD
Copy the input format in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress 2 14. April 2010 Video - Everything else
italics in TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4 1 26. March 2010 Video to DVD
TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4- Cannot import MPEG 2 6 19. March 2010 Video to DVD

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > tmpgenc authoring works 4 and h.264 video preview playback is slow

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork