User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 18:34
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > trying to fit 10 hours of video onto a dvd... help!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Trying to fit 10 hours of video onto a DVD... help!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gators1995
_
27. May 2012 @ 02:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi. For a school project, I'm trying to fit a bunch of videos (60 to be exact) onto one DVD disk. The original videos are in avi format and there are about 10 hours worth total, taking up about 28GB. I also have converted them into mp4 and mp2 format. I have at my disposal both 4.7GB and 8.5GB disks. Nothing seems to work though and the videos won't fit. Yes, I could go to 2 or more disks, but the disk(s) might have to be copied and sent to a bunch of other students. In other words, fitting them on 1 disk is great, more than 1 disk, not so good.

Can this be done? By the way, when I convert the videos to mp4 format, they take up less than 1GB and play great in my Sony PS3 and Blu-Ray player, but the professor I'm creating these videos for doesn't have a Blu-Ray. Thus, I am stuck with the DVD format.

If it can't be done, I'll either go with the multi-disk approach or tell him to buy a blu-ray player.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated. Thanks!
_
27. May 2012 @ 05:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the only way you'd possible get all them videos to fit on a single dvd would be to shrink them to a point where the quality would be terrible and not worth watching.I'm thinking you'd be better off putting them on a usb drive.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. May 2012 @ 08:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Unless it's ten hours of talking heads, it may be hopeless.
You could try running a test on one file using DVD Flick.
Load the AVI then click on 'Project Settings > Video > Target Bitrate > Custom' and in the Custom box, insert a low value like 1000.
Click the 'Advanced' button and select 'Half horizontal resolution'.
'Accept' back to the main menu and 'Create DVD'.

Play the files from the output folder and see what you think.

Note, before creating the DVD files, under 'Project Settings > Burning', turn off 'burn project to disc' and 'create ISO', for now just use the files on the output folder.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > trying to fit 10 hours of video onto a dvd... help!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork