User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 03:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > general mobile discussion > help understanding usb chargers. are they wattage unique?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help understanding USB chargers. Are they wattage unique?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
8. October 2013 @ 23:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need some help to understand how USB chargers work.
Ive got friends and family asking me (and actually I am very curious myself) if USB chargers are interchangeable. Now, I don't mean the wire, because obviously micro male to micro female and mini male to mini female, etc. But the base that actually plugs into the wall outlet or power strip, how can I know which can be used on which? Im under the impression that a Motorola Charger base (just the square part the plugs into the outlet) cannot be used to charge Samsung galaxy tabs/notes/S' as there is some sort of special power signal or governor programs for their respective products. Another reason I would especially like to learn about this is that I myself would love to be able to install a USB wall outlet. like this
http://imwm.org/useful-usb-socket-design/ or any USB wall outlet for that matter.
So I would need to know what power wattage need to go to each USB female port. Like I pointed out earlier, Im under the impression that not all USB put out wattage/signal equally. So if there is a 4 USB port wall outlet, would all of them be able to charge Samsung, Motorola, and Apple products interchangeably, or would each have to have a specific wattage.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. October 2013 @ 23:15

ddp
_
8. October 2013 @ 23:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
moved to correct forum. read this link. http://www.extremetech.com/computing/11...your-smartphone
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > general mobile discussion > help understanding usb chargers. are they wattage unique?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork