User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 23:06
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > an objectional add
Show topics

Forums
Forums
An objectional add
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. August 2011 @ 08:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just saw an add that put itself on top of the next page control. Even when I clicked beside at the next page control that looked clear I got a popup saying I could get a free apple product. I can't remember which one. I don't know if that was a legit add or not. If it was, shame on you!

I saw this inside the search routine results.
Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
31. August 2011 @ 12:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have been getting the same thing at the bottom of the screen for the last two weeks.
It keeps popping up with "Congradulations you have just won an Apple iPad2".
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
31. August 2011 @ 20:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Probably malware...

That is what I have as well. It is probably a keylogger. Note how it pops up while you are typing. I guess I need to stop coming to this site. I will need to blow away this session who knows what filth it has dropped into my computer. I browse using Sandboxie so I can flush this session down the toilet. Then hope AD has gotten rid of it in a week or two.
ddp
_
31. August 2011 @ 22:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'm not have any of those popping up.
ps355528
_
1. September 2011 @ 04:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what's a popup?.. hehehehehehe

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
1. September 2011 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
So it is smart enough to not show its self to the police. Pretty smart...

ddp try comming in as a new user.

PS355528 are you seeing it?

Ever since I first saw it, it is consistantly there. I do not think it needs to install anything because I wiped out my web session I now only browse using a sandboxed browser. I have had enough bot-nets for a life time!
ddp
_
1. September 2011 @ 23:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mez, where does it usually happen?
_
2. September 2011 @ 01:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
im not seeing it either.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. September 2011 @ 08:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am not seeing it now. It pops up as you type so I believe it is a key logger logging in user IDs and passwords as well as what was posted. It may have reacted to my last post.
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. September 2011 @ 17:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am using a different IP and it is back. Congratulations! You'r a winner...

It disappeared after I logged in.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. September 2011 @ 23:16

ddp
_
5. September 2011 @ 00:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
does that always happen til you login as i'm always logged in unless i access ad from another computer & i don't get that popup?
Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
5. September 2011 @ 09:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes, that is what I am seeing now. I can't remember before but I may not have been logged it before. Maybe the time I did see anything I was still logged in.
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > an objectional add

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork