User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 21:47
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > attack of the bots!!!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Attack of the bots!!!
  Jump to:

Posted Message

4 product reviews
_
21. September 2011 @ 00:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i've notice a mass increase of bot activity from everything from forum posts, to threads. now there even getting into the review rate system that's not good, for anyone.

Just curious if the AfterDawn Mods have a solution, or are planing to just let the bots do as they please.

Powered By

ddp
_
21. September 2011 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i try to keep on top of them but if people don't do offensive reports then i can't get them all.
ps355528
_
22. September 2011 @ 23:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the limitation on posting links has had some success.. none of these are mine I might add.. funny to see somebody is still running one of my 3 year old scripts (there is a typo.. deliberate) and it's still getting past the sign up. How about sticking a proper verification on the return email.. instead of just a "click to confirm" thing.. that won't get the determined spammers.. but it will seriously piss off the botfarmers. .. I'm seeing "keywords" added into posts like a sig.. triggers for spiders which are now being used by the larger botnets. They are generated by the bot from the signup email verification email hash.. not going into detail but thats how they are calling more to themselves and finding the threads they are starting.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > attack of the bots!!!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork