User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:56
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > need more moderators maybe
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Need more moderators maybe
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
_
5. October 2012 @ 20:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
With all do respect, the moderators on Afterdawn do a great job of keeping the constant spam off this site. At times though, it seems like the moderators are over overwhelmed with the constant spam (like in past couple of days( some screw balls keep posting links to their stupid site). Maybe Afterdawn needs a few more moderators to help delete the spam from the site.

Playstation 2-Free McBoot,HDloader 8.0c,Open PS2 Loader 0.7,80gb Maxtor HDD,SMS Media Player,PGen,SNES Station- Installed
GameCube-SDload,SD Card Adapter,BBA Adapter,2 Color Case,GnuboyGX,MPlayer- Installed
Advertisement
_
__
ddp
_
5. October 2012 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
don't post in the spam threads will make it easier for me to delete them but with your posts in them i can't delete but hid it after editing.
_
5. October 2012 @ 23:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just do my best to click the report tab, and one of the mods will find it soon enough. I know ddp, among others, have mentiond beforehand there are more spam threads that they get to that we dont see.

_
6. October 2012 @ 03:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah its getting rediculous.all the console fourms are over run with spam right now.seems to me ddp is the main moderator and the others barely come on.be much easier for you guys if you had a team of active moderators.

edit: just had a look now and it seems every topic is spammed not just console forums.seriously you guys need to block the spam attacks.fixed my typo from earlier.yes if i type a post before having my 1st coffee of the day its usually got typos in it.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. October 2012 @ 06:21

AfterDawn Addict
_
6. October 2012 @ 05:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
With this spam flood during the last few days I personally wouldn't even care if you'd add a captcha querry before posting.
This is getting ridiculous, can't you simply block all posts that contain the words Live stream? In the Consoles forum in every section the first page contains of these crap spambot posts.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. October 2012 @ 07:42

Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
6. October 2012 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been making a point of stopping by once or twice a day to help ddp out with this problem and I know some others have been doing the same. Like he said, though, if you can avoid posting in those threads it makes disappearing them completely a lot easier.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
_
6. October 2012 @ 10:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah,its getting way out of hand.ive never seen so much spam on any site i go one or have been on.someone have it in for ad?
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
6. October 2012 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I login everyday now at least once or twice a day from the other side of the world and check the recently updated forum posts and come across all these crappy spam posts. I have reported what i can but it just keeps coming.

I am wondering if i could be or can we add other long term members of Afterdawn as new moderators to deal with the influx of spam we are having??

Thanks

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
7. October 2012 @ 01:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
make it so noobs once they reach status of posting links to only 1 till they're members

no links in sigs till members

letter or word limits in posts

Admin

9 product reviews
_
7. October 2012 @ 07:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
make it so noobs once they reach status of posting links to only 1 till they're members

no links in sigs till members

letter or word limits in posts
Sorry about all the spam recently. We've been trying to improve our spam blocks, with varying success. We should be able to do better, though.

Newbies aren't currently (as of today (again)) not allowed to post links. There are quit strict post frequency limits in place as well, but when we're dealing with spam bots creating hundreds of accounts from hundreds of distinct IPs, the effects are less than satisfactory.

We've also blocked anyone coming from a previously banned IP from logging in to the site. This will probably cause some collateral damage with shared IP pools etc, but effectively IP blocks all the spammers from posting again after having their IP banned once.

I would like to thank everyone for posting their ideas and concerns!

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
_
8. October 2012 @ 04:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have an idea which may or may not work.the idea is any member who has reached senior member or addict should be able to hit report spam and the thread should be hidden until it has been reviewed by a moderator or staff members.

custom built gaming pc from early 2010,ps2 with 15 games all original,ps3 500gbs with 5 games all original,yamaha amp and 5.1channel surround sound speakers,46inch sony lcd smart tv.
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
8. October 2012 @ 06:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xboxdvl2:
i have an idea which may or may not work.the idea is any member who has reached senior member or addict should be able to hit report spam and the thread should be hidden until it has been reviewed by a moderator or staff members.
I second this idea. I feel this would really help cleanup even if its on a surface level.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Admin

9 product reviews
_
8. October 2012 @ 06:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Actually I've been thinking about such a solution. Maybe not hide the message straight away, but if 2-3 seniors/addicts flag the message, then hide it.

Sounds like something that we should be able to scrape together. =) Thanks!

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
_
8. October 2012 @ 13:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
good idea,im all for it.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2012 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Maybe Afterdawn needs a few more moderators to help delete the spam from the site.
Does it pay well?

The 'flag-to-hide' suggestion sounds like a good short-term fix to me; something I'd not thought of.

ddp
_
9. October 2012 @ 12:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ripper, i haven't been paid since i started as a mod excpect for a towel, tee shirt & a box of "yummy" belgian chocolates.
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
9. October 2012 @ 12:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol..poor ddp working for afterdawn for years & all he gets is a lousy t-shirt..i bet tthats what was printed on it too :p

ddp
_
9. October 2012 @ 13:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
said afterdawn on it plus site's logo.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2012 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
ripper, i haven't been paid since i started as a mod excpect for a towel, tee shirt & a box of "yummy" belgian chocolates.
Haha, I know you don't get paid - I was just being sarcastic.

scorpz, this is a pic of LOCO generously modelling said tshirt

ddp
_
9. October 2012 @ 14:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i know that but others might not know that.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. October 2012 @ 16:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
True!

_
9. October 2012 @ 21:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
screw the shirt,lets get back to this chocolate thing.LOL
ddp
_
9. October 2012 @ 22:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
9. October 2012 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
And the "lousy" shirt? If it was the same one they sent me years ago when I started writing for them you'd be shocked at just how nice it is ;)

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
9. October 2012 @ 22:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY IN MY TUMMY!!!
thats yummy yummy yummy i got love in my tummy.1910 fruitgum company.you figure it out.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. October 2012 @ 22:26

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > afterdawn feedback & suggestions > need more moderators maybe

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork