Show topics

Forums
Forums
Galaxy SIII run iOS
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Nero818
_
25. September 2012 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Apologies in advance.

Without going into to much detail at this moment. I like my iPhone4 however the Samsung galaxy S3 seems to have a lot to offer. If I got the galaxy and didn't like android....is there any relem of possibly "jail breaking" or a process similar iOS onto the Galaxy?

I just thought it could be quite cool.

Cheers,

Nero

"Dishing out slices of paincake, where you won't want seconds of that."
Advertisement
_
__
ps355528
_
26. September 2012 @ 08:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why the hell would you want to put that crap on decent hardware?.. seriously.. your "I don't like android" comes from what experience?.. trying one full of phone company bloatware in a shop??.. never going to happen.. not in the lifetime of either device (about 6 months these days) because the crapple garbage iToss only supports their proprietary hardware.. You have a lot more chance putting android on your iTampon :)

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
Nero818
_
26. September 2012 @ 13:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think you should re-read my posed questions. Key word was"if" as I have no android experience....and henceforth asked if such software could be crossed over between devices.

It's not an English lesson however, on the aspect of reading and writing use capitals appropriately in your next rant. For now ill assume you wrote using an android device and we can blame that.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. September 2012 @ 13:36

ddp
_
26. September 2012 @ 21:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if both used same hardware\chipset then maybe ios can ne put on but as both are totally different hardware\chipset then no go. is like trying to install windows on a non intel cpu mac computer, it won't work.
Nero818
_
27. September 2012 @ 03:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Makes sense. Cheers Ddp.

ddp
_
27. September 2012 @ 12:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no problem.
Famouskid7
_
27. September 2012 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
mikkox9x
_
19. December 2012 @ 15:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It makes no sense put IOS to it, even if it were possible. If you want Apple buy it.

Only if you are not satisfied with the Android menu solutions. How about custom ROM:s, or something a simple Launcher that mimics a IOS (If it exists)? Android is highly customizable operating system.

For example, MIUI is one like that. It copies the IOS menu structure, still including all Android features.

http://miuiandroid.com/community/

However, phones rootting needs a little familiarization. Google tells more. Or:
XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1566

Warning, do not do anything if you are not sure what are you doing. It is possible to make brick for it.
Advertisement
_
__

_
hanoobal
_
16. January 2014 @ 10:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Famouskid7:
Take a look into this

http://www.redmondpie.com/this-home-lau...-running-ios-6/
I'm not a big fan of customizing the OS so that it looks like another OS. Such solutions tend to be limited, unstable, and overall crappy. You get the worst of both worlds.
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > samsung > galaxy siii run ios

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork