User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 10:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > corrupted digital files
Show topics

Forums
Forums
corrupted digital files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gandydanc
_
8. May 2010 @ 15:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need a lot of help. I took movies of my daughters wedding and the chip I used corrupted. I am using a Canon sx20is digital slr with a 32gb sdhc chip bought from ebay.I have gotten a lot of pics off but the wedding movies before the wedding and during the wedding are lost. All the pics after the wedding were fine. I have had 2 different people try 5 different recovery programs with no luck. On the still pics I get the error message jpeg marker error and on the movies I get the error importer reported memory errors and importer reported a generic error. My software program is adobe elements 8 and adobe premiere elements 8. Is it possible to recover these pics and movies? This camera takes better movies than my camcorder and I have movies from this camera that are great. Thank you gandydanc
ddp
_
8. May 2010 @ 22:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
crashdiet
_
8. June 2010 @ 13:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've actually seen this happen before on the exact same type of canon camera. There are several types of recovery software out there. Just do a google search for them, as there's plenty of types. Often you can get a trial version to scan your SD memory card (attached to your computer) and then if it shows the pictures you have to purchase a license and it'll recover it. To my knowledge, there's no easy, free way. But $20-$40 may be a reasonable price to pay to recover your pictures
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > corrupted digital files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork