User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > memorycard problem: g:/dcim.exe is not valid win32 application
Show topics

Forums
Forums
memorycard problem: G:/dcim.exe is not valid win32 application
  Jump to:

Posted Message
kevat
_
16. April 2010 @ 00:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello!

I don't manage to get my pictures out of my Camera. It is saying G:/dcim.exe is not valid win32 application when I try to access the Camera. I am on a travel and have important pictures in the memory card. I hope they are not lost or destroyed by a virus or something.

My Cameras make is Ricoh Caplio RR630. The memory card is SanDisk if I remember correctly. Can I take it out of the Camera without losing the pictures, if I need to verify the make of the memory card?

I have tried with 2 different computers with the same message.

Please help me
Paula_X
Suspended permanently
_
18. April 2010 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yawn.. why is your retard operating system trying to mount the drive as an executable application? .. dcim is what the picture files are called usually.. dcim000001.jpg etc

take the card out and stick it in a card reader.. or turn bloody windows crappy "autoplay" function OFF!!!
kevat
_
19. April 2010 @ 00:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have no Idea. I am using the computers at internetcafes in India. Back home I use Ubuntu, it might me because of the change of the system also?

How the get that autoplay off?
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
30. January 2011 @ 10:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol there shouldnt even be a DCIM.exe file on your camera. if there is then i would delete it.

For Sale:

Parachute, Used Once, never opened small stain.
Best Offer!
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > memorycard problem: g:/dcim.exe is not valid win32 application

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork