User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 10:51
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > need a new screen pls help!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
need a new screen pls help!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
tez90
_
13. October 2010 @ 03:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, im looking to buy a replacement screen for my acer cr-8530 digital camera but cannot find one any1 know wheres best to get it at? help is much appreciated. thanks
the screen is a LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.5" - colour.
Advertisement
_
__
zip23
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. October 2010 @ 05:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tez90:
hi, im looking to buy a replacement screen for my acer cr-8530 digital camera but cannot find one any1 know wheres best to get it at? help is much appreciated. thanks
hi i have a pannosonic tz7 and twice broke the screen they wanted £200.00 to fix.i googled damaged lcd screen for that make and got one off ebay..£27 50.. a company in china. then on you tube there was a german guy doing a step by step vidio to follow..works fine ...im in manchester to ...hope this helps ..zip
tez90
_
27. October 2010 @ 05:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by zip23:
hi i have a pannosonic tz7 and twice broke the screen they wanted £200.00 to fix.i googled damaged lcd screen for that make and got one off ebay..£27 50.. a company in china. then on you tube there was a german guy doing a step by step vidio to follow..works fine ...im in manchester to ...hope this helps ..zip
iv tried this and it only comes up with reviews and crap lol, thanks for the info anyhow :)
ps355528
_
30. October 2010 @ 15:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can only find them in the trade.. £860 for 20 + 20% tax ..

sadly no actual part number listed.. it's probably a pretty generic part used by lots of makers..

suggestion.. take it apart and see what the actual manufacturers part number sticker says it is..(unless they have peeled it off.. they do this because chances are it's exactly the same screen as on a £50 samsung or fuji camera.. but being an expensive camera they will rip you on the replacement part) it isn't made by Acer.. thats a dead cert..

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
zip23
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
31. October 2010 @ 05:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by zip23:
iv tried this and it only comes up with reviews and crap lol, thanks for the info anyhow :)
go to wildings on deansgate or call them they use a repair shop that repaired mine under warranty..or phone them,,if the acer is in the £150.00 bracket it will b cheaper to buy new...
ps355528
_
31. October 2010 @ 11:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That camera comes in list price at around £180 .. but has no better performance than a fuji finepix 12mp at £79 (with thrown in 4 gig sd card) from argos :) I don't think it's worth repairing.

It looks very much like a rebranded Samsung to me.. one of the £100 bracket ones.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. October 2010 @ 11:49

Advertisement
_
__

_
tez90
_
31. October 2010 @ 14:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i got the camera for free, so id thought id fix it, but now i got a orange flashing light? for some reason? it comes on green, then changes to a blinking light?
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > need a new screen pls help!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork