User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 08:18
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > nikon s9100 circles appear on pictures.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Nikon S9100 circles appear on pictures.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
20. May 2012 @ 15:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I recently purchased a Nikon s9100 and while taking a few shots today I noticed two small transparent circles on the LCD screen. At first I thought maybe it was just the screen but after checking my photos I noticed them there as well. What would cause this?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. May 2012 @ 18:00

Advertisement
_
__
JST1946
_
20. May 2012 @ 20:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you were using the flash to take them it could possibly be the reflection from the flash off of a shiny object hitting the lense.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. May 2012 @ 00:12

_
21. May 2012 @ 08:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JST1946:
If you were using the flash to take them it could possibly be the reflection from the flash off of a shiny obect hitting the lense.
Naw I wasn't using the flash unfortunately. I hope that the issue is a simple fix but I think there may be actually something on the lens inside of the camera. I meant to post a few photos to show what I was talking about but had some things come up last night and forgot. Will do so once I get home this evening.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. May 2012 @ 08:03

JST1946
_
21. May 2012 @ 10:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In that case maybe it could be some condensation that formed on the inside of the camera on the lense.

_
21. May 2012 @ 12:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
In that case maybe it could be some condensation that formed on the inside of the camera on the lense.
Ewwww, How would I fix that?
JST1946
_
21. May 2012 @ 21:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well did the camera ever get wet for some reason? If it did you can try putting it in a zip-lock bag with some dry rice and let it sit for a couple of days.It usually works with cell phones that get wet.You probably should also take the battery and memory card out before putting in the bag.
If it is still under warranty you can always take it back.

_
24. May 2012 @ 22:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well did the camera ever get wet for some reason? If it did you can try putting it in a zip-lock bag with some dry rice and let it sit for a couple of days.It usually works with cell phones that get wet.You probably should also take the battery and memory card out before putting in the bag.
If it is still under warranty you can always take it back.
Sorry i've been away for sometime and hadn't had a chance to follow up. However the camera had never gotten wet and i've hardly used it. Here's a photo so everyone can get a better understanding of what i'm talking about.

JST1946
_
25. May 2012 @ 00:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have you tried taking any more pictures without the light behind you? It kind of looks like maybe it is from the reflection of the light on the shiney metal door or whatever it is.

_
26. May 2012 @ 18:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here are a few more photos

_
26. May 2012 @ 18:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The ghost circles appear regardless of the light conditions, or distance of the object.

JST1946
_
26. May 2012 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well if that's the case I guess I would take it back if it is still under warranty and possibly get a different model/brand.Looks like maybe a defect in the camera.Some of the reviews I read were about 50/50 either way.

_
26. May 2012 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well if that's the case I guess I would take it back if it is still under warranty and possibly get a different model/brand.Looks like maybe a defect in the camera.Some of the reviews I read were about 50/50 either way.
Thanks but unfortunately I bought it second hand so there's no taking it back. However I may still be able to contact Nikon and see if its still covered under there warranty.
Advertisement
_
__

_
JST1946
_
27. May 2012 @ 00:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Maybe you can find a remedy in the troubleshooting section of the manual around page 208 or 209.I think page 209 mentions something about spots on the images or the monitor.

http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/kie...w2/S9100_EN.pdf

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. May 2012 @ 00:01

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > nikon s9100 circles appear on pictures.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork