User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > non-slideshow dvd photo album?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Non-slideshow DVD Photo Album?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Lab309
_
9. June 2012 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just downloaded about 2000 photos to my computer, and thought to make a photo album on DVD so all the family members (including those with DVD players but not computers) might be able to see them on TV (or their portable DVD players), just as if they were given paper photo albums with pages they could quickly riffle through, pages they could skip, and pages they could linger at.
I've just started this project, and just about all the Photo-to-DVD making programs want to make a slideshow. View One-at-a-time; skip one-at-a-time; got to one end or the other. For 2000 pictures.

Yes, there are provisions for making menus that will bring you to another slideshow that might be shorter, but it's still a slideshow. And menu-making requires time for organizing I do not have.

My DVD equivalent of a photo album would display pages of thumbnails--perhaps in at least two sizes for the vision impaired--that you could go through, and, finding a few you'd like to see, perhaps then start a slideshow.

I can get "pages of thumbnails" in computer programs that make slideshows. Any programs out there that make photo albums on a DVD that behave more like real photo albums?
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > digital photography > non-slideshow dvd photo album?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork