User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 20:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - mod and firmware discussion > two bricked psps pls help.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TWO BRICKED PSPS pls help.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
trydowave
_
26. December 2012 @ 18:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi. I have two bricked psps... I mentioned the first one in a previous post. I'm making a new post now as the situation has changed.

PSP 1 - symptoms: PSP starts but XMB is useless. Only a few buttons do something but not correctly and it shuts down going blank. Recovery mode just about works but sometimes the screen goes blank on that too.

PSP 2 - symptoms: Black screen. You can hear sound but no XMB and no recovery mode.

I'd like to get any firmware as long as it has emulation support.

Regards
Tony

I own Phat PSP 1000s and a pandora battery that I've never used. The thing never charged.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. December 2012 @ 18:25

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
26. December 2012 @ 20:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
PSP 2 isn't bricked, the screen is defective. PSP 1 might not be bricked either but rather be malfunctional due to corrosion or other hardware related problems, the quality of the components used by Sony is quite low. Just build the screen of PSP 1 into PSP 2 and you should have atleast one working PSP.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
trydowave
_
27. December 2012 @ 05:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm not sure Eisherz. I remember, before the PSP 2 screen went blank it was having a fit. The buttons weren?t working etc. Even though PSP 2 turns on you should be able to hear the clicking sounds when navigating xmb but that's no longer the case.

I have a Pandora battery. It holds no charge and is not recognised in settings. I can no longer check this as only recovery mode (irregularly) works on PSP 1.

Cheers
Tony
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. December 2012 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the second PSP was bricked you wouldn't hear sound, it would just show the green light for a few seconds and then turn off automatically.
But seriously, with PSP 1000 I simply wouldn't bother, they are just too old. Even if you manage to fix the current problem you never know when the next problem appears. The first PSP 1000 were released in December 2004 (US: March 2005), which means by now your consoles might be (almost) eight years old.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
trydowave
_
27. December 2012 @ 06:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have to try as I'm penniless. I don't have the option of buying a newer PSP.
AfterDawn Addict
_
27. December 2012 @ 14:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, if the first one is really semi-bricked (which I doubt, because of the screen going blank) you could try this:
http://pspnoobz.blogspot.de/2011/03/how...semi-brick.html
If you do not have a card reader you can access your memory stick by selecting TOGGLE USB in the recovery menue.

trydowave
_
27. December 2012 @ 19:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Eisherz. I am unable to use hellcat in recovery menu as the cursor dosent go up and down. I cant get off the first screen.
I think my only option is to somehow put an ofw update into a folder, name recovery and then put it into psp/game and then active it from recovery mode. Cant get this to work yet though... dont know if im doing it right.
I do have a pandora battery. But the thing dosent seem to want to charge. Not sure if its a dud.
Cheers
Tony

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. December 2012 @ 19:26

AfterDawn Addict
_
28. December 2012 @ 05:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Maybe it is already fully charged? Do you have a Magic Memory Stick?

trydowave
_
28. December 2012 @ 07:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a spare stick so i can make one...
when i unplug the PSP with the pandora battery in it the thing just turns off.
AfterDawn Addict
_
28. December 2012 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, that may be a problem. Try making a MMS and use the pandora battery with the charger connected. If that doesn't work, you need a new pandora battery. I am not sure if Dealextreme and so on still sells them.

Advertisement
_
__

_
trydowave
_
21. January 2013 @ 18:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi. Just got a new pandora battery and made a MMS stick.

PSP 1: Successfully downgraded to 1.50 and menus fulyl working again.
Recovery menu no longer accessible. Tried following video about jumping from FM 1.50 to 5.00 m33-4 using hellcat's recovery. Still gets stuck on menu screen. Cant navigate buttons. Will probarbly need to install all Firmwares one by one again.
Got a fwe question. Do I use OFWs or CFW? Plus all links seem to be dead nowadays. for the firmwares and the other necessary tools.

PSP 2: Bricked still. Put in pandora battery and the screen remains blank. Don't know what to do with this one.

Any help and a point towards some working links would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Tony
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > sony psp - mod and firmware discussion > two bricked psps pls help.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork