User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 17:55
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > have 60gb hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60gb casing?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
GameGuru8
_
7. May 2014 @ 20:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just like the subject says I was wondering if I would replace the 60GB hard drive that is in the hard drive casing with a larger hard drive? I haven't taken it apart but I am assuming it is a laptop hard drive right?
Advertisement
_
__
richietea
_
8. May 2014 @ 02:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Laptop drives are the same 2.5 form factor as a xbox 360 HDD.The problem you have is you cannot just swap a laptop HDD and expect the xbox 360 to read it.Firstly it has to be on the compatible list of drives that can be flashed with a .bin file using hddhackr.Then partitioned into 3 for the xbox 360 to read it.Check out the link below which explains what is needed.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads...al-only.897465/
cooll903
_
8. May 2014 @ 10:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes and no. that is true if your 360 isn't RGH. if it is you can have as big of a one as you want. right now mine has a 1.5tb 2.5 HDD and two 2tb ext. hard drives. total of 5.5TB.
richietea
_
9. May 2014 @ 10:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The op wasn't mentioning Rgh he was asking for a larger HDD.If he did you are right,but in this instance its a question of using a compatible HDD a .bin file and Hddhackr.
AfterDawn Addict
_
9. May 2014 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by richietea:
The op wasn't mentioning Rgh he was asking for a larger HDD.If he did you are right,but in this instance its a question of using a compatible HDD a .bin file and Hddhackr.
And to inject the 3rd partition. Otherwise the new harddrive won't be able to use the Xbox emulator and some other things.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
richietea
_
9. May 2014 @ 16:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your right Eisherz think i used xplorer 360 not sure its been ages having to manually inject the third partition.Correct me if im wrong.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. May 2014 @ 01:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by richietea:
Your right Eisherz think i used xplorer 360 not sure its been ages having to manually inject the third partition.Correct me if im wrong.
Well, here's the instruction I used when doing my two hdds:
http://digiex.net/downloads/download-ce...1-emulator.html
(And yes, it's partition 2, not 3, I was wrong, haven't done this in about a year).

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
10. May 2014 @ 02:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thought it rang a bell that's the Tutorial/program i used,yes it was partition 2.I ended up sticking to buying Scorpio blue's 320Gb if they came at a decent price.Usually had to do a lot of fishing for cheap HDD casings to keep the cost down though.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > have 60gb hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60gb casing?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork