User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 15:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > questions about new slim model being modded
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Questions about new slim model being modded
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jjeffmangum
_
10. January 2014 @ 10:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Planning to buy an xbox. I was just gonna go with a 2nd hand that are sold online that are already modified but i have trust issues so im gonna go with a brand new one. But:

- im just gonna play backup/burned cds on it
- not gonna go online/xbox live (since i dont know what that is)
- also not gonna use an ext HDD cause theyre pricey. And im not gonna play that much game either

Theres this one store where they sell brand new units that are already modified. Which is a great deal but no kinect. The other shop sells at the same price but with kinect and not modified. my concerns are:

- if i buy the non-mod one and pay for a modify service, is that more problematic for me? cause what it that new unit isnt hackable?
- im only going for the 4gb one. What does that 4gb even do? Are those only for people who download games online? (which im not gonna do) (and i wanna play gta5 and i heard u need 8gb for that?)
- still kinda confused with jtag and rgh. I know they let you play from the hdd. But can they also play backup cd?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2014 @ 11:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Get a modified unit with a flashed drive, you don't need a RGH. RGH is for homebrew and other stuff or to play backups from an external harddrive (not necessarily an Xbox 360 one). Kinect can be bought seperately, so that one isn't much of a problem (not that Kinect is actually worth it). Also you can buy a harddrive on ebay relatively cheap, there are possibilities to turn Western Digital Scorpio harddrives into Xbox 360 harddrives, but buying an already transformed one in an Xbox 360 harddrive case is normally cheaper. With the 4 GB internal flash memory you don't get very far.
Also you need a compatible burner that works with the Payload tool, google for a list, I am kind of too lazy to do that atm.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
jjeffmangum
_
10. January 2014 @ 11:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Eisherz:
Get a modified unit with a flashed drive, you don't need a RGH. RGH is for homebrew and other stuff or to play backups from an external harddrive (not necessarily an Xbox 360 one). Kinect can be bought seperately, so that one isn't much of a problem (not that Kinect is actually worth it). Also you can buy a harddrive on ebay relatively cheap, there are possibilities to turn Western Digital Scorpio harddrives into Xbox 360 harddrives, but buying an already transformed one in an Xbox 360 harddrive case is normally cheaper. With the 4 GB internal flash memory you don't get very far.
Also you need a compatible burner that works with the Payload tool, google for a list, I am kind of too lazy to do that atm.
I dont see any ads saying anything "flashed". Just l3.0, Jtag, and rgh.
Yeah but what exactly is the 4gb for considering im only gonna play on disc or usb?
Well i dont like the kinect but my sister wants it so..
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2014 @ 13:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, LT3.0 is flashed, RGH is Reset Glitch Hack (hardmod), which means it's a total hack that allows you to run homebrew and some more, and JTAG is basically the same, just for older consoles. You just need LT3.0. There also is an XK3Y, which is a drive emulator and allows you to play games from an external harddrive.
Some games install onto the harddrive, for example GTA 5. As you already wrote GTA 5 needs 8 GB install. But these can also be installed onto an USB flash drive, a harddrive for your console is just easier.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
jjeffmangum
_
10. January 2014 @ 20:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, LT3.0 is flashed, RGH is Reset Glitch Hack (hardmod), which means it's a total hack that allows you to run homebrew and some more, and JTAG is basically the same, just for older consoles. You just need LT3.0. There also is an XK3Y, which is a drive emulator and allows you to play games from an external harddrive.
Some games install onto the harddrive, for example GTA 5. As you already wrote GTA 5 needs 8 GB install. But these can also be installed onto an USB flash drive, a harddrive for your console is just easier.
In case im getting a jtag/rgh console, can they play games off a usb thumb drive rathar than an external harddrive?
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. January 2014 @ 04:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jjeffmangum:
In case im getting a jtag/rgh console, can they play games off a usb thumb drive rathar than an external harddrive?
Yes, if it's big enough, but you still have to install the games. Also if the drive is not flashed you can't play backups from disk, so if you want both you need flash and RGH. RGH is relatively complicated, especially if you need to update the dashboard, you have a lot of reading to do and if you're not common with computer programming I wouldn't recommend it. The XK3Y costs about the same and is easier, you'll stay on the normal dashboard and so on, also you can go on Xbox Live if you want to with it.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. January 2014 @ 04:22

AfterDawn Addict
_
11. January 2014 @ 08:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Advice:
360 Slim
+
xk3y
=
Good Times!!!!!

Advertisement
_
__

_
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
12. January 2014 @ 16:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah agree with eebeejay but only in case you decide to go live as it will also allow games on external.However if your 100 % sure you'll never go live then jtag or rgh all the way baby! scorp hugs his jtag :P

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > questions about new slim model being modded

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork