User User name Password  

Monday 13.5.2024 / 19:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > right trigger stopped working
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Right trigger stopped working
  Jump to:

Posted Message
throwaway111
_
9. March 2014 @ 17:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My friend gave me a controller. The left trigger works fine. The right, does not. This means I cant shoot in Call of Duty. I tried plugging it in my computer to use for games and there is no output when I press the right trigger but the left works.

I found the problem (I will need a solution). The trigger is basically a potentiometer meaning the more you press it, the more/less electric can flow. So I wired a continuity tester through the other side of the circuit board where the trigger is soldered in.
[IMG]i.imgur.com/EZQcbB7.jpg[/IMG]
On the WORKING trigger, as I pressed the trigger, I heard the continuity tester speaker change pitch meaning it was working. On the broken trigger, it was getting continuity, but not changing when I pressed it. Basically, its stuck on the same setting even though I can press it freely.

How would I go about fixing this?
scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
9. March 2014 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Replace it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVf5qXOmsso

be easier to buy another one off ebay

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > right trigger stopped working

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork