User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 17:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > the xk3y team have defeated the new dae.bin issue
Show topics

Forums
Forums
The xk3y team have defeated the new dae.bin issue
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >
_
18. November 2011 @ 17:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Here's a video showing XGD3 games booting on the xk3y while the 360 is connected to Xbox Live: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Ha5zw6rIg

They'll be rolling out a firmware update for the xk3y shortly.

I think I'm almost certainly going to get one of these things now. The team behind it seem really on the ball and they're not stuck with a 256 KB chunk of code to work with like c4eva, which is probably why they can respond so quickly to issues.

For anyone that's got one of these, does it work with a 2.5" hard drive that's powered by USB, or do you need to use a powered USB drive?

Click HERE for up to date 360 tutorials that may help you!
Advertisement
_
__
_
18. November 2011 @ 17:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
works fine with the usb power hd.thats what i use.
_
18. November 2011 @ 18:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool man, thanks. As long as it still works after the next dashboard update, I'm gonna get one.

_
18. November 2011 @ 18:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
dayum,i bet c4eva is probably like wtf
Modking30
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
supposely the x360key is not live safe
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, I don't think any of the makers of these types of products has claimed that they're Live safe. Custom firmware isn't exactly Live safe either, as loads of people have found out in the last 24 hours, haha.

I would only use it offline anyway, so in the long term it's gonna work out better than having to reburn loads of AP2.5 titles every time MS update dae.bin - that's assuming a solution is found for custom firmware users.

RIARA
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Wow, now that is impressive but, how safe is it on live? And, do we just rip from our originals as always with an 0800 drive? Will have to wait and see after the update...
Gray626
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nothin' is Live safe other than microsoft OFW xbox's. Everything is a "at your own risk" type of deal. Although you can play backups with CFW on live, it is only a matter of time before microsoft starts the cat and mouse game again through updates and silent changes to how your games work on Live on the system. This is all common knowledge and my opinion on things. I don't get why people get dissappointed when they know that at some point this happens. It is the risk you take when you play modified systems on Live.
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They've never come out and said it's Live safe, but there's people that have been using them on Live since they came out (some testers had them before they were officially released too) and there are no reports of any bans yet - that doesn't make it safe of course, but it's a good sign.

What you had to do previously was place the latest version of dae.bin on the external hard drive along with the games in ISO format. The xk3y handled all of the patching required to defeat AP2.5/2.6. It also blocks games if dae.bin is out of date, a bit like LT+ did before c4eva had to remove that functionality, so it prevents your 360 from being flagged.

Now it seems they have some new "disc profiling software" that they're going to release which defeats AP2.5/2.6 when you use your xk3y. It sounds like it's some kind of abgx360 type application that you run your games through, although I don't know how it works or what else is required from the user other than the game ISO.

coorva
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
19. November 2011 @ 05:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if your going to go this far,,jtag it with the glitch hack,

microsoft after a ban wave
kalidus8
_
3. January 2012 @ 14:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok, So if this is installed, and I select (bypass) mode on the controller, can I play my legit games on live without key being detected? No flashing or modding required?

Free stuff are good stuff,sometimes better.
KBKBKB
_
3. January 2012 @ 20:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by funksoulb:
Here's a video showing XGD3 games booting on the xk3y while the 360 is connected to Xbox Live: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-Ha5zw6rIg

They'll be rolling out a firmware update for the xk3y shortly.

I think I'm almost certainly going to get one of these things now. The team behind it seem really on the ball and they're not stuck with a 256 KB chunk of code to work with like c4eva, which is probably why they can respond so quickly to issues.

For anyone that's got one of these, does it work with a 2.5" hard drive that's powered by USB, or do you need to use a powered USB drive?
dude are you still going get one of these?

what was the final verdict?
_
3. January 2012 @ 21:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, I don't think any of the makers of these types of products has claimed that they're Live safe. Custom firmware isn't exactly Live safe either, as loads of people have found out in the last 24 hours, haha.

Are people being banned already?
_
4. January 2012 @ 02:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by KBKBKB:

I'm not sure. All of my games are patched for LT+ 3.0 now, so I think I might carry on with custom firmware. Had they been more freely available a few weeks ago I'd have probably got one, but they're still hard to get hold of in the UK.

I haven't seen any reports of people getting banned for using these things, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. January 2012 @ 02:05

KBKBKB
_
4. January 2012 @ 11:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

I'm not sure. All of my games are patched for LT+ 3.0 now, so I think I might carry on with custom firmware. Had they been more freely available a few weeks ago I'd have probably got one, but they're still hard to get hold of in the UK.

I haven't seen any reports of people getting banned for using these things, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.
I might get one to cut down on the faf a bit

ironically ... I'm getting great burning results from your guide. :) (typical)

I dont use xbox live, plus i got a flag at the start of AP25

I'm UK too I'll let you know where i get one from if i get one

also portable HDD prices are going out the roof after the Thailand floods. and continuing to climb on a daily basis!

It's probaly going to cost between £135- £145 to get a xkey and a 500gb portable (usb bussed)

but i would not need to pop the xbox open every reflash. and from 'internet to xbox' would be a breeze. no burning time either.

I install games on the xbox because of the optical drive is so noisy. take 10 15 mins. I would not have to do this either. exept for games like Battlefield says install the hi def graphics.

am i getting it right in thinking that i would not need to install games to the xbox HDD? Would USB HDD be faster than the xbox optical drive? and is the usb HDD as fast as the xbox internal HDD?
tongs007
_
4. January 2012 @ 18:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well mine should be arriving anytime soon in the uk i will keep you posted
_
5. January 2012 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by tongs007:
Please do Tongs and thanks! I'm still on the fence about since it's over $100. If only it were cheaper the damn thing. Then again, if only Kim Kardashian would s*** my d***..
KBKBKB
_
5. January 2012 @ 11:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i ordered one to from a spanish shop dhl to UK £80 http://discoazul.co.uk/x360key.html

it's listed on the xkey official forum (there are loads of dodgy fake xkeys about, and unofficial xkey sites :( )

i'm hoping it all goes smoothly. also i read on their forum you can load games via the TV onscreen menu now "isomenu" and some fakes ship with no remote control (liitle plastic box)

also some new versions 'original' ship with no USB to mini usb. a bit rubbish

The company sounds shoddy as hell. I think it will be ok if nothing goes wrong, but if it does we screwed !

What if the company goes under, do i need updates from them to keep in working?
_
5. January 2012 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i ordered one to from a spanish shop dhl to UK £80 http://discoazul.co.uk/x360key.html

it's listed on the xkey official forum (there are loads of dodgy fake xkeys about, and unofficial xkey sites :( )

i'm hoping it all goes smoothly. also i read on their forum you can load games via the TV onscreen menu now "isomenu" and some fakes ship with no remote control (liitle plastic box)

also some new versions 'original' ship with no USB to mini usb. a bit rubbish

The company sounds shoddy as hell. I think it will be ok if nothing goes wrong, but if it does we screwed !

What if the company goes under, do i need updates from them to keep in working?
good question, i would like to know as well.
_
5. January 2012 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Isn't it the team that was behind the WiiKey that made the xk3y? The WiiKey was well supported. If they want to keep selling them, they're going to need to make sure they keep it up to date to combat any counter-measures by MS, but it's impossible to say for sure what will happen. It's like saying "what will happen if c4eva disappears?", lol. We just have to hope that he doesn't. :D

KBKBKB
_
5. January 2012 @ 14:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Isn't it the team that was behind the WiiKey that made the xk3y? The WiiKey was well supported. If they want to keep selling them, they're going to need to make sure they keep it up to date to combat any counter-measures by MS, but it's impossible to say for sure what will happen. It's like saying "what will happen if c4eva disappears?", lol. We just have to hope that he doesn't. :D
lol

c4eva might get into chicks or scuba diving..... we'd be f**ked :)

..I'm hoping this new x360 key is pretty straight forward,
do i still have to put things through ABGX to make them work on it?
not too bothered about bans (already flagged)but is iso topology patching needed to work on the xkey?
tongs007
_
6. January 2012 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well its here arrived today from hong kong via r4ishop.co.uk it has the remote and looks the part, but i have no idea how to install it so its gonna sit till payday till i can get it installed. will keep you in the loop
KBKBKB
_
6. January 2012 @ 09:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTdLGMByrYY&feature=relmfu

is a series of videos from start to finish

if you know the bit skip to the end and it will have links to the next bit

whats in the box
open a phatt
open a slim
install phatt
install slim
firmware on SD
tongs007
_
6. January 2012 @ 09:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i aint opening my xbox up i am totally useless at the stuff. i flashed my ps3,wii and psp easily enough myself but the xbox is something i pay to get sorted
Advertisement
_
__

_
KBKBKB
_
6. January 2012 @ 11:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its pretty straight forward to pop an xbox if you take your time, but cool if you wanna let someone else do it

quick update i got mine now

flat cables and everything WTF

i ordered one to from a spanish shop dhl to UK 1 day £80 http://discoazul.co.uk/x360key.html

they are listed on the real xkey site

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 6. January 2012 @ 11:01

Page:123Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > the xk3y team have defeated the new dae.bin issue

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork