User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 15:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > truncating newer games
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Truncating Newer Games
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
21. February 2014 @ 10:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is truncating still around/allowed?

I could care less about it not being safe, my console was banned way back in 2010(damn borderlands).

I went out and rented FF Lightning returns and installed to HDD but now I do not have the game anymore. Could I just get it to a dvd and not have the content error thing?

I guess I basically just need the drive to say okay this is the same game on the disc as in the hdd so go ahead and play but the content is on the HDD so truncating woul dnot interfere with it working correct?

I was already duped once into buying a "special drive" the d162S way back in 2009

I am looking for a solution that does not require any extra hardware or dvd drives. I have tried the payload tool and out of 5 extra drives none are supported.

I have a Xbox 360 phat (benq lt 3.0).

Any help is appreciated. THANKS!

scorpNZ
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
22. February 2014 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
On a per gb basis hdd's are far cheaper even without factoring in failed burn/read ,for a fat xkey then a rgh as a last resort, only reason is fats are in imo at a far greater risk for rrod regardless if jasper/falcon or not so xkey i assume would require less soldering hence lower overall cost than a rgh on an old console

The above will do exactly as you want "NOT INTERFERE WITH IT WORKING" all your games can be selected from the hdd with fsd you won't regret it,you'll be able to play online as well as the xkey doesn't seem to get detected apparently no matter there's always LiNK

top 5 games being played on link on right side of web page column
http://www.realmodscene.com/

richietea
_
23. February 2014 @ 06:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Xkey definitely.If you still have the tools when you flashed your benq or the key/dummy files and a decent sized HDD lying around,its a out of the box solution..(nearly)
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
23. February 2014 @ 10:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well I just did a burn and it works %100 except for the installing to HDD part. It installs but when I play the game and click start game it says can not authorize disc but if I remove HDD install it plays fine. Not a big deal I'll just play from disc.

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > truncating newer games

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork