User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > tutorial & faq links
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Tutorial & FAQ links
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
16. November 2011 @ 14:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
These tutorials are all based on the current information. I'll do my best to make sure only relevant tutorials are listed here.

If you have any questions, please ask them in the relevant thread or start a new thread rather than asking them in here. If this thread fills up with people asking random questions, it'll get too messy. Cheers!

CURRENT BEST PRACTICES WHEN USING CUSTOM FIRMWARE: -

This covers all of the current things you need to know/do, depending on which type of drive is in your 360

FLASHING: -

The official JungleFlasher tutorial

The official Maximus Lizard tutorials

LT+ 3.0 INFORMATION: -

AP2.5 flagging & LT+ 3.0 FAQ

LT+ 3.0 topology data patching tutorial (now defunct as you can use abgx360 1.0.6)

List of games that need patching for LT+ 3.0

Reasons why you should upgrade to LT+ 3.0

RIPPING: -

How to back up games with a Liteon DG-16D2S and 0800 V3 (external link)

CHECKING/PATCHING GAMES & BURNING: -

abgx360 1.0.6 setup and user guide (for checking/patching games)

Guide to burning XGD2 & XGD3 games with Imgburn

How to copy an existing backup

MrGreaser's cheap media Burner Max tutorial

XGD3 & BURNER MAX INFO: -

Burner Max FAQ

How to cross-flash a LiteOn iHAS drive to unlock features

New Sony Optiarc drives that will burn XGD3 games without Burner Max

MISC: -

Step by step disc and cover printing guide

If you've written a tutorial on here or you know of a good one that I've missed out, post the link to it in a reply and I'll add it to the list.

Click HERE for up to date 360 tutorials that may help you!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. December 2012 @ 13:34

Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. November 2011 @ 20:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Dude you be putting together some good info. Keep it up and I may let you stick around.

_
18. November 2011 @ 17:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Haha, thanks man. Hopefully this thread will get pinned, or it defeats the object of me making it. :D

Modking30
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
me too and I matter more ;)
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. November 2011 @ 19:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Modking30:
me too and I matter more ;)
I'm still undecided on you.

_
23. November 2011 @ 12:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mods? Hello? If you're not going to respond to my PMs or this thread, then there is virtually no reason for anyone to bother writing a guide as it will only get lost, so the forum ends up one big cycle of people asking the same questions that have been answered many times before.

Modking30
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. November 2011 @ 12:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
probably because the stickies should just get updated
CawkFour
_
23. November 2011 @ 14:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what do you mean? having a link in the sticky on how to use XDVD Mulleter isn't helpful?

C.R.3.A.M.
_
23. November 2011 @ 16:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Only a mod can do that, and it hasn't been done for nearly 2 years which is why there's guides to using XDVD Mulleter and stuff still listed. I PMed a mod about pinning this thread a week ago. If they thought that it would be better to update the existing thread, they could do that instead, but they they didn't even bother to reply.

Most of the pinned threads are related to the forum rules anyway. All of that info could be in one pinned thread. Then there should be another pinned thread for tutorials & FAQs which is updated with the latest guides, and old defunct guides (such as the Mulleter one) should be removed.

This is partly why people are asking the same questions over and over and over again. Even if this thread were pinned, it wouldn't stop that entirely, but at least people replying could quickly link to the guide that answers their question or just say "read the pinned tutorial and FAQ thread and you'll find your answer".

Modking30
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. November 2011 @ 21:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think you're doing a great job, but we all know even if it does get put at the top, the noobs are going to ask anyway, regardless of it getting sticked or not.
_
23. November 2011 @ 23:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks, and I agree with you about the n00bs, but it's still handy to be able to say "check the tutorials in the sticky and the answer is there" instead of searching for the guides I've written - which could be many pages deep in the forum - and then linking to those. I'm sure the others that have written guides would say the same.

One pinned thread with all the current guides in it (and old ones removed when they're no longer relevant), split into categories, would make this place better IMO.

peluynati
_
23. November 2011 @ 23:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i just bookmarked this, so from now on when somebody asks a question i'll just post them this thread, maybe we can keep it alive!
_
24. November 2011 @ 14:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks to whichever mod sorted this out. I'll do my best to keep the info up to date.

RIARA
_
4. December 2011 @ 12:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
awesome job with this tutorial funk. how about adding in a ripping tut and a guide on using ABGX with the proper settings? i've seen many people asking about ripping and how to use ABGX. just a thought.
_
5. December 2011 @ 02:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah, I'd thought about that and I agree that it would be useful, but with LT+ 3.0 just around the corner (hopefully) which will come with new ripping methods and a new version of abgx360, I thought it best to wait until then.

I might knock up a n00b's guide to abgx360 though, cos I have a feeling it may take some time before the next version is released.

luckydre
_
14. December 2011 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by funksoulb:
Yeah, I'd thought about that and I agree that it would be useful, but with LT+ 3.0 just around the corner (hopefully) which will come with new ripping methods and a new version of abgx360, I thought it best to wait until then.

I might knock up a n00b's guide to abgx360 though, cos I have a feeling it may take some time before the next version is released.

I maybe the noob your looking for. There is so much information on modding xbox 360 my head hurts. Bottomline is were do i begin? I have a xbox 360 slim halo reach edition 250gb.I want to be able to download games to my harddrive and change out harddrives when they are full. Is there a softmod for this? If so what is first? By the wayi am runnig the new metro dashboard 14699. Don't know what ODD I got. My wii was easy to mod compared to this.
Greg3
_
19. December 2011 @ 14:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Like luckydre I am in the same boat. I have not checked out the new xbox360 because it is a kids xmas present but I have been looking at ways of modding it since before I bought it. I bout a Wii with the wiikey several years ago and it became useless when all this softmodding came out. So I am asking the same question, is there a sofmod option orhte xbox360 or is hte 360key and usb loader viable options.
_
6. January 2012 @ 17:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Greg3:
Like luckydre I am in the same boat. I have not checked out the new xbox360 because it is a kids xmas present but I have been looking at ways of modding it since before I bought it. I bout a Wii with the wiikey several years ago and it became useless when all this softmodding came out. So I am asking the same question, is there a sofmod option orhte xbox360 or is hte 360key and usb loader viable options.
there is the RGH and Jtagging, they both accomplish the same thing; then there are the optical drive emulators which are less risky however higher priced, and you can go on xbox live with them as opposed to the RGH or jtagging where you will get banned almost immediately.
WickedSS
_
24. January 2012 @ 17:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got my old xbox back from m$ repair after e74 error and already bought a new one. I would like to find out what I can do to the old one with dashboard 2.0.8966.0 and a benq drive. Really not sure where to start. Flame me if ya like but I am lost.

Thanks for any help or a shove in the right direction.
_
24. January 2012 @ 17:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by WickedSS:
I just got my old xbox back from m$ repair after e74 error and already bought a new one. I would like to find out what I can do to the old one with dashboard 2.0.8966.0 and a benq drive. Really not sure where to start. Flame me if ya like but I am lost.

Thanks for any help or a shove in the right direction.

flash the drive for backups, buy a xk3y, or do a RGH.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 24. January 2012 @ 17:48

Advertisement
_
__

_
stinklebrink
_
4. February 2012 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is it possible to install a game onto an HDD and hook it up to the 360 without needing to softmod it?
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > tutorial & faq links

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork