User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 02:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > unmodding xbox360 arcade
Show topics

Forums
Forums
unmodding xbox360 arcade
  Jump to:

Posted Message
karthikkp
_
12. January 2014 @ 05:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have an xbox360 arcade that is modded. Initially i modded it but then when I tried playing fifa12 the dashboard got updated and the mod was removed. Then i again modded it. Now i am planning to buy a new xbox to play online. But is it possible to remove the mod now and play online in the xbox arcade itself?
the dashbpoard version is: 2.0.16202.0
will i have been already banned by microsoft now?
is it better to get the latest model?
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. January 2014 @ 13:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can go online with the flashed drive, it doesn't really matter. If you don't play online with the console you ban yourself. Nowadays if you don't play games early or hack online or something like that it's very unlikely to get banned.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
karthikkp
_
14. January 2014 @ 02:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Eisherz:
You can go online with the flashed drive, it doesn't really matter. If you don't play online with the console you ban yourself. Nowadays if you don't play games early or hack online or something like that it's very unlikely to get banned.
SO what would you suggest? Is it worth getting the xbox360 slim or continue with this one? also will i be able to play online with a burnt game(FIFA14, it usually says unauthorized disc in career mode and in certain other areas, may be because it was overburnt or truncated)?
richietea
_
14. January 2014 @ 02:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As Eisherz said keep the arcade,make sure its flashed to the most recent firmware and your good to go.Very unlikely you will be banned for going on xbox live services with modded firmware now.Backups will play fine either offline or online depending on how you rip/burn.Overburn has nothing to do with errors you receive when running a disc.The overall quality of the burn matters.If it installs to the hard drive without problems then usually its fine to use.It seems to me your not using the correct hardware/software to get the best results.What is your burner make/model? What process are you using to burn..I.E burnermax firmware/ImgBurn.What disc types are you using? Post a log of your burn process on here.If you can provide this info then it makes it easier for people to help.
karthikkp
_
14. January 2014 @ 03:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by richietea:
As Eisherz said keep the arcade,make sure its flashed to the most recent firmware and your good to go.Very unlikely you will be banned for going on xbox live services with modded firmware now.Backups will play fine either offline or online depending on how you rip/burn.Overburn has nothing to do with errors you receive when running a disc.The overall quality of the burn matters.If it installs to the hard drive without problems then usually its fine to use.It seems to me your not using the correct hardware/software to get the best results.What is your burner make/model? What process are you using to burn..I.E burnermax firmware/ImgBurn.What disc types are you using? Post a log of your burn process on here.If you can provide this info then it makes it easier for people to help.
oh fine. that was helpful. I didn't burn the disc myself. I bought it in a store. I bought two games(FIFA14 and dance central 3) both give unrecognized or unauthorized disc error.
richietea
_
14. January 2014 @ 03:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you saying that the disc you have purchased are illegal backups or originals.Making working backups with originals you own with 0800 firmware is perfectly fine.Purchasing backups is not.Just clarify which you are using(originals or backups)
karthikkp
_
14. January 2014 @ 03:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Are you saying that the disc you have purchased are illegal backups or originals.Making working backups with originals you own with 0800 firmware is perfectly fine.Purchasing backups is not.Just clarify which you are using(originals or backups)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2014 @ 12:35

richietea
_
14. January 2014 @ 03:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Piracy is not tolerated in these forums,no doubt the moderators will close this thread down.
karthikkp
_
14. January 2014 @ 03:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Piracy is not tolerated in these forums,no doubt the moderators will close this thread down.
Oh I am really sorry. I'm really not an xbox geek. Will i be able to play online if i purchase a original game on a modified xbox?
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. January 2014 @ 03:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
With an original you will be able, also with a decent backup.

Xbox 360: Slim untouched with a faked 320 GB harddrive for XBL, phat with LT 3.0, played Halo early, so going on live would be an instand ban, also with a faked 320 GB harddrive
PS3: Untouched 160 GB Slim, 60 GB Fat with latest Rogero and 160 GB internal harddrive.
PSVita: hardly ever play it
GameCube: Black with a Viper chip installed. With gameboy player. Trying to get a Wavebird controller.
karthikkp
_
14. January 2014 @ 04:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Eisherz:
With an original you will be able, also with a decent backup.
so only a backup game can play onlin?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. January 2014 @ 12:36

richietea
_
14. January 2014 @ 04:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh god..A backup means exactly what it says on the tin(backing up your original disc you own) to save your purchased original from scratches,wear and tear.Are you having problems with originals as well as backups?
karthikkp
_
14. January 2014 @ 04:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh god..A backup means exactly what it says on the tin(backing up your original disc you own) to save your purchased original from scratches,wear and tear.Are you having problems with originals as well as backups?
Fine thanks. You guys were very helpful...!!
Advertisement
_
__

_
richietea
_
15. January 2014 @ 02:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All backup files need to be ran through abgx360 for stealth patching,then burnt to quality media such as verbatim 001's or 003's through ImgBurn with either a burnermax enabled drive or a compatible payload tool drive.This enables the drive to burn the full image and not miss important security sectors as you would with truncating discs(not burning the full image).The errors you are getting with your discs are a result of either high pi/pif scores from bad burns either on a poor burner,incompatible burner,poor media,incorrect settings or a bad rip.If you can eliminate all of this it is best to install the games onto your HDD to decrease wear and tear on your laser from reading burnt media.If you have done all of this and you can successfully install to the HDD then your as safe as you are going to be for xbox live.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > xbox 360 - modding & hacking > unmodding xbox360 arcade

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork